RimWorld change log

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

Think mrofa needs a credit its his art on the turbine I believe.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Haplo

Tynan knows about it. Right now it depends on what he decides:
Maybe he'll contact mrofa or he makes his own graphic for them. We'll see..

stefanstr

With respect to the recent entries: what the hell is the Ludeon Launcher?

Matthiasagreen

Quote from: stefanstr on October 14, 2014, 03:57:12 PM

Although the thread was deleted, there was a discussion on how to avoid piracy. The idea was mentioned that the best way to avoid piracy was to provide services that could not be replicated through piracy. Tynan mentioned that an auto updater would be one of these services, so I imagine that is what the launcher is. The launcher will probably be something that you open the game from that makes updates easier. My own thoughts lean towards also incuding some sort of mod manager, but I could be way off. Essentially, the idea is: it is something that will make the overall gaming experience better for those of us who payed for the game. Obviously I would love Tynan to weigh in on the subject as well.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

stefanstr

Quote from: Matthiasagreen on October 14, 2014, 05:31:53 PM
Quote from: stefanstr on October 14, 2014, 03:57:12 PM

Although the thread was deleted, there was a discussion on how to avoid piracy. The idea was mentioned that the best way to avoid piracy was to provide services that could not be replicated through piracy. Tynan mentioned that an auto updater would be one of these services, so I imagine that is what the launcher is. The launcher will probably be something that you open the game from that makes updates easier. My own thoughts lean towards also incuding some sort of mod manager, but I could be way off. Essentially, the idea is: it is something that will make the overall gaming experience better for those of us who payed for the game. Obviously I would love Tynan to weigh in on the subject as well.

Thanks Mathias. I remember that thread although I haven't followed it. I always buy games and piracy discussions bore me. An auto updater would be a nice thing to have, though.

ZestyLemons

Quote from: ZestyLemons on October 08, 2014, 03:02:46 PM
What happened to damage resistance (reducing damage by a flat %)?

It was listed under the September 26th patch notes as "Reworked armor system to do both damage resistance and deflection chance."

I checked all the armor in the game and couldn't find anything on damage resistance anymore. the damageAbsorbtion tag seems to be ignored or at least not displayed by the stat viewer anymore too.

Boop, still need this answered.
Help out with the wiki!

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Divaya/
Wiki: http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/User:Zesty

Feel free to contact me about wiki questions or wiki admin stuff.

Cimanyd

Quote from: ZestyLemons on October 20, 2014, 10:53:00 PM
Quote from: ZestyLemons on October 08, 2014, 03:02:46 PM
What happened to damage resistance (reducing damage by a flat %)?

It was listed under the September 26th patch notes as "Reworked armor system to do both damage resistance and deflection chance."

I checked all the armor in the game and couldn't find anything on damage resistance anymore. the damageAbsorbtion tag seems to be ignored or at least not displayed by the stat viewer anymore too.

Boop, still need this answered.

You do know Sept 26 is already Alpha 8, right?
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

ZestyLemons

ooh

I feel dumb now, whoops.
Help out with the wiki!

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Divaya/
Wiki: http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/User:Zesty

Feel free to contact me about wiki questions or wiki admin stuff.

Ink.

Does anyone else find a chuckle with certain notes?

QuoteOct 17

•    Started changing the entire Ludeon Launcher to use WinForms. Because it, you know, actually works.
QuoteOct 21

•     Spent most of the day bashing my head against brick walls trying to get Linux to run and do anything useful, and trying to the the launcher to run on Mono runtime.

Dr. Z

The rimworld community supports transparency from developer staff.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Railgun Convention

Quote from: Dr. Z on October 22, 2014, 03:53:10 AM
The rimworld community supports transparency from developer staff.
Quite.

Mainly because it's hilarious to watch.  ;D

Shinzy

Quote from: Ink. on October 22, 2014, 01:52:02 AM

QuoteOct 17

•    Started changing the entire Ludeon Launcher to use WinForms. Because it, you know, actually works.
QuoteOct 21

•     Spent most of the day bashing my head against brick walls trying to get Linux to run and do anything useful, and trying to the the launcher to run on Mono runtime.

Oh yeah! I hadn't read the note from 21st yet but
the frustration can be seen there =P  Somebody send Ty one of those squeaky stress ball things

TheXIIILightning

Quote from: Shinzy on October 22, 2014, 05:51:49 AM
Quote from: Ink. on October 22, 2014, 01:52:02 AM

QuoteOct 17

QuoteOct 21

Oh yeah! I hadn't read the note from 21st yet but
the frustration can be seen there =P  Somebody send Ty one of those squeaky stress ball things

Might I suggest rubber duckies? Lots and lots of duckies. X3

Shinzy

Quote from: TheXIIILightning on October 22, 2014, 06:46:32 AMMight I suggest rubber duckies? Lots and lots of duckies. X3

Ohh somehow I can see him striding around the room every morning in bunny slippers and mug of koffee in a room filled with squeaky rubber duckies and desperately trying to avoid stepping on them just not to lose his shizz

I bet that's how the psychic event came to be, Ty coded it in in a fit of rage after stepping on too many skweekin duckies, to pass the torment around

Edit: and sorry! it's the offtopicday today for me :-[

Coenmcj

Quote from: Shinzy on October 22, 2014, 06:56:16 AM
Quote from: TheXIIILightning on October 22, 2014, 06:46:32 AMMight I suggest rubber duckies? Lots and lots of duckies. X3

Ohh somehow I can see him striding around the room every morning in bunny slippers and mug of koffee in a room filled with squeaky rubber duckies and desperately trying to avoid stepping on them just not to lose his shizz

I bet that's how the psychic event came to be, Ty coded it in in a fit of rage after stepping on too many skweekin duckies, to pass the torment around

Edit: and sorry! it's the offtopicday today for me :-[

A psychic wave has passed over the Sylvester household. All of your Tynan's have gone on an insane rampage
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite