How do you Celebrate colonist's birthdays?

Started by Quasarrgames, March 20, 2015, 10:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quasarrgames

I change all their priorities to 4 for the day, so they can do whatever they want. What about you?
On the right path, but the wrong medication.

I like how there's a thing that displays how long you've logged in to the forums. It shows just how many hours you've spent here, never to get back...

Shinzy

I right click the message off and go "whiii!" and continue with whatever I was doing

Boboid

Quote from: Shinzy on March 20, 2015, 10:42:16 AM
I right click the message off and go "whiii!" and continue with whatever I was doing

This + I double check their priorities to make sure THEY'RE WORKING THEIR HANDS TO THE BONE!
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

TheSilencedScream

Quote from: Quasarrgames on March 20, 2015, 10:38:08 AM
I change all their priorities to 4 for the day, so they can do whatever they want. What about you?
If all priorities are at the same level, they will still do whatever the first available job is - so if you have something that needs cooked (and they're the appropriate level with no one else already cooking), that's most likely going to be what they do.

Basically, the AI goes down the list looking for tasks assigned with 1. If it reaches the end and no tasks are found, it will go down the list again looking for any tasks assigned with 2 - and so on and so forth. It'll always do the first available job of the highest priority number.
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

REMworlder

I check to see if they've developed any age-related diseases!

Silvador

I think it would be cool if, assuming you had the right food stuffs, you could make a cake or something for the colonist, giving them a bit of a buff because "celebrated birthday". Or if on a colonists' birthday when they conversed with someone, there's a chance they receive a buff for the day "received birthday present", possibly even stackable, to the number of colonists in your colony and lasting a couple of days.

Benny the Icepick

I imagine with the new "joy/fun" mechanics coming in Alpha 10, this will be a big deal.

"Today is Keuneke's birthday!"
::prioritize jumping in bouncy castle::

skullywag

Quote from: Benny the Icepick on March 20, 2015, 12:26:20 PM
I imagine with the new "joy/fun" mechanics coming in Alpha 10, this will be a big deal.

"Today is Keuneke's birthday!"
::prioritize jumping in bouncy castle::

Ive been modding too much, I read that and said to myself "what would be involved in modding a bouncy castle?".....

So (yes ive seriously given this thought) if you make a building as a pawn container (like the crpto casket) and then use the draw method to animate  the same colonist over the building. Bar the animation bit it should actually be pretty simple.

A10s killer feature better not be a bouncy castle..dont deny me of this Tynan....-_-
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Klitri

I try to get a feast set up, lavish meals for all. The new update will add a lot more diversity though.

Endoric

I set their priorities to nothing.... They stand around all day for their birthday doing nothing. ..... Sob* just like i did last year *sob.....

daft73

Heh... I usually say to myself, so you lived another year, get back to work. ;D

Adamiks

Nothing . I have not even thought about the celebration in this game :D

Jimyoda

Definitely have it give a 'Joy' buff. On a colonist's birthday their base 'birthday buff' will be a minor buff or no buff. So not much will happen if they are isolated from others.  But when around others, that colonist gets a cumulative buff increase each for other colonist they chat with. This simulates others giving birthday wishes. Too bad it wouldn't make sense to have a cook stove bill  to produce a cake - no flour, no eggs, no sugar, no go. Nothing says happy birthday like a beer and boomrat bowl of 'cake', right?
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

Adamiks

Quote from: daft73 on March 20, 2015, 01:44:53 PM
Heh... I usually say to myself, so you lived another year, get back to work. ;D

My God. I can't stop laughing! :D

daft73

Quote from: Adamiks on March 20, 2015, 02:20:43 PM
Quote from: daft73 on March 20, 2015, 01:44:53 PM
Heh... I usually say to myself, so you lived another year, get back to work. ;D...

My God. I can't stop laughing! :D
Happy Friday mate ;D