social experiment

Started by kasimirtlw, January 06, 2015, 09:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kasimirtlw

Happy new year to everyone

I would like to suggest a small social experiment
and that is to have multiple players play the same save game  and try and survive 3 game years
Afterwards post screenshot of your colony and a overview of your colonists
who would be willing to try this out? I would be playing without mods to keep it as pure as the creator wanted its game to be. And i have never played with a mod :)

after I have found some players we can discuss  what level  to play in ;)

who wants to join me ??

[attachment deleted due to age]

bullwinkle

I'm in! I'm ok with any scenario

milon

Sounds like you're talking about a succession game.  As luck would have it, there's a pick-up succession game going on right now.  See my signature!  :D  (Of course, feel free to start a new one!)

ousire

Is this referring to a succession game, or to the idea of multiple people using the same seed/colonists and seeing how the colony evolves differently? Giving a handful of people the same starting save (So they all are in the same spot, same colonists, same AI) would be pretty interesting to see as well!

PotatoeTater

I like this idea, kindof focuses on play styles vs starts.
Life is Strange

kasimirtlw

My original idea is to give everybody the same start and build your colony your way( begin with the same save game)
after 3 years post a screenshot to see the diverse colony's that have spawed.
Perhaps add in some reasons for certain decisions in base building

!!!!!!!!!! Second part of the zip :)

milon

Oh, pardon, I misunderstood.  That's actually a pretty great idea!  I vote do it!

The-MathMog

This sounds very interesting! It could show peoples different approach to a map, and see how well things pan out for them with randomness and other stuff :)

I might be down for this!

Beanie

kasimirtlw

i've added the 2 part zip file (600kb is max size on this forum)
to my first two posts
take them both unzip and put in your save folder
path is drive:\users\{your username}\AppData\LocalLow\ludeon studios\RimWorld\Saves

enjoy

Remember play 3 in game years and post  a screenshot and some feed back on why what you did :)

milon

You said 2-part file, but there's only 1 attachment.  Also, we need the world file (in the World folder) in addition to the map itself.

rrooster

Count me in too, been meaning to go back to vanilla.

I was able to unzip the two-part zip containing the save (.rwm), but like milon pointed out the world file (.rww) is still awol.

MikhailBoho

I'll totally get in on this! Sounds like fun!

DFDelta

That sounds interesting.
Out of curiosity, what are the storyteller settings of the .zip you've uploaded?
Constant optimism will not solve your problems, but it will annoy enough people to be worth the effort.

kasimirtlw

word file is in this  zip
The savegame is spread across my replies
the first is in my fist comment
the second is in my second reply
reason:  each comment is allowed only 600kb attachment so I had to spread it across multiple  replies