[A16] Humanoid Alien Framework

Started by erdelf, January 09, 2017, 07:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erdelf

Quote from: McEggerDrumstick on February 10, 2017, 11:39:52 PM
It seems like this is incompatible with the main game.
When I load it in the mod config and when I try to generate a planet, it loads a black screen.
The problem seems to be that it's missing ThingCategories.xml in its folders.
Maybe you could fix it, but for now, I won't be able to play with the Orassan mod.
I don't even have xml files in the mod.. and thousands of people use it without problems.. if you want it to be fixed, give me more info... a log for starters

McEggerDrumstick

I can't, mainly because the debug log won't appear on the black screen, but without the mod enabled it would load up fine.
And it seems like the game crash's or freezes on a black screen that loads for a millisecond before the normal load screen.
It's something that I can't comprehend.

Canute

Look at the data folder for output_log.txt.
Just put it at attachment on your posting, if it is too big, try to use an archiv tool (Zip,Rar,7z) to made it smaller.

McEggerDrumstick

Here it's.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

erdelf

Quote from: McEggerDrumstick on February 10, 2017, 11:39:52 PM
It seems like this is incompatible with the main game.
When I load it in the mod config and when I try to generate a planet, it loads a black screen.
The problem seems to be that it's missing ThingCategories.xml in its folders.
Maybe you could fix it, but for now, I won't be able to play with the Orassan mod.

Your log is completely full of errors of other mods. I'm just gonna list a few of them

• BetterTerain and ClutterMisc can't be loaded correctly, check that the folder "about" is directly in the mod folder
  • Nanotrasen armory - cr patch has problems with double defining "baseBullet"
  • RT_Fuse throws around 20 errors, have fun with that one
  • Psychology and RomanceDiversified aren't working correctly together (iirc they aren't compatible)
  • some combat realism sounds are missing
  • Some heated sun lamps are broken as well
  • something called mars throws a bunch of errors
I got bored at that point, but there are many more..

the few errors regardings aliens.... load the framework before orassans.

McEggerDrumstick

This is absurd.
The mods that you stated such as ClutterMisc and Nanotrassen Armory aren't even loaded but disabled.
Don't know if the game loaded them but it restarts after disabling and enabling, but I might've forgot to quit after.
BetterTerain was never even enabled.
RT_Fuse was also disabled and all the other RT mods.
Mars v3 Musky Edition was also disabled for an entire 2 weeks.
Psychology and RomanceDiversified I thought were incompatible with each other so disabled those too.
It seems like the game might've loaded this on accident.
Sorry if I wasted your time.

erdelf

ok you know what.. delete your log file.
start the game and create a world. That should fail...
send me the newly created log, along with your loadorder.

McEggerDrumstick

Core
Alien Framework (yours)
HugsLib
Allow Tool
Glitter Tech
Additional Joy Objects
EPOE
Combat Realism
EdB Prepare Carefully
High Caliber
High Caliber CR Patch
Orassans
Orassans Cr Patch
Orassans EPOE
FashionRIMsta
Hospitality
SS Bigger Batteries
RT Quantum Storage
Tiberium Rim
Vegetable Garden
Riot Shield
Core Driller
Core Driller Glitter Tech Add-on
Dubs Bad Hygiene
Dubs Rimkit
Dubs Skylight
Faction Discovery
Vegetable Garden Tools
More Vanilla Turrets
Obsidian
RedistHeat
RIMkea
ZWCannaHerb
ZWAnimals
Rumors and Deception
Romance Diversified
Better RimDoctors
CaveBiome
CaveFlora
Better Pathfinding
Crate
Dye Vat
MorePackAnimals
Colony Leadership
Nerve Stapling EPOE
Turrets Pack
WM Smarter Food Selection
Caravan Expansion
And... That's it.
P.S: Log file Attachment

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

erdelf

er.. you have psychology still enabled in that log.. and it's conflicting again
the cave biome seems to be messing with your game hard.

McEggerDrumstick

Ok, well I guess I'll just disable Cave but the Psychology bothers me.
I disabled it a couple of days ago and didn't need it, I couldn't have missed it either because when I was looking at the mod order, I checked carefully for every mod name for the typing.

XenGrimm

I'm having some trouble with the age generation curve - my race is spawning with the appropriate ages, but I'm often getting an error saying "Tried 300 times to generate age for Hunter" or whichever type I try to spawn.

Would this possibly be related to them having high life expectancy, but low relative spawn age, or is my curve just too wonky for the game to process?

Are there any "good and bad" examples for curves?

EDIT: I discovered the problem. I had a typo in a mingenerationage tag and it was outside the allowed curve.

HellHorse

Wow, there is a races of the stargate, cool.

faltonico

hello there!
I'm not really sure if this has to do with your alien races framework and the Talon faction mod, i was hoping you would prove me wrong:
Exception drawing Katia: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
  at Verse.RoofGrid.Roofed (IntVec3 c) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Graphic_Shadow.DrawWorker (Vector3 loc, Rot4 rot, Verse.ThingDef thingDef, Verse.Thing thing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Graphic.Draw (Vector3 loc, Rot4 rot, Verse.Thing thing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnRenderer.RenderPawnAt (Vector3 drawLoc, RotDrawMode bodyDrawType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn_DrawTracker.DrawAt (Vector3 loc) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn.DrawAt (Vector3 drawLoc) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Thing.Draw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.Draw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.DynamicDrawManager.DrawDynamicThings () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I get spammed to oblivion when a lot of pawns/animals suddenly spawn in the map, like in a big raid or in a manhunter pack. They start to zigzag very violently, and simply become invisible for a short while.

erdelf

Quote from: faltonico on February 22, 2017, 04:36:22 PM
hello there!
I'm not really sure if this has to do with your alien races framework and the Talon faction mod, i was hoping you would prove me wrong.

I get spammed to oblivion when a lot of pawns/animals suddenly spawn in the map, like in a big raid or in a manhunter pack. They start to zigzag very violently, and simply become invisible for a short while.

that is.. definitely weird. I can't see anything wrong with the framework or why talons would conflict with this.. especially given that I use talon myself in my playing sessions. Sry, but I can't really help there

scurvey_cur

sorry i am new to the game but i downloaded this along with the 4 races featured on your starting page, when i play a "new arrival" faction i can't get humans as a race option when randomizing my 3 starting guys, just the orassans and crystalloids, just wondering if i did something wrong or this is normal