Tropical rainforest

Started by Grimandevil, January 17, 2016, 02:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grimandevil

So i've grown tired of icy maps and decided to give it a try starting in tropical rainforest. As the name suggests, i expected it to be filled with vegetation and critters. And now, after a year ingame, map resembles something close to muddy wasteland with some rare trees. Even the grass coverage is dull.
I did survive a bunch of heat waves and a toxic fallout (thats when all the critters died). But i think, trees have to be more resilient to conditions or something.
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

Toggle

Trees grow very slowly, so if you had a toxic fallout that pretty much explains why it's wasteland now. Trees can't really survive it if everything organic dies.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Lerxst

Technically, it depends on the type of toxicity. Radiation doesn't affect plant life as much as people think - present day Chernobyl is, in fact a lush forest. Now, chemical waste... yeah, not so good for anyone ;)

Reviire

I'd like if they looked more like rainforests. Taller trees, more rain, deeper greens.

Quote from: Gizogin on March 16, 2012, 11:59:01 PM
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Grimandevil

Quote from: Reviire on January 18, 2016, 11:17:39 AM
I'd like if they looked more like rainforests. Taller trees, more rain, deeper greens.
plus some vines and massive bushes (not those we have right now)
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

Regret

Quote from: Grimandevil on January 18, 2016, 02:12:11 PM
Quote from: Reviire on January 18, 2016, 11:17:39 AM
plus some vines and massive bushes (not those we have right now)
Creeping vines, that attack walls!

(not my idea, someone else here had that idea. no time to look for the link now, should be working)

Andy_Dandy

I'd like to see alot tighter vegetation, really slowing down movement on the map. That would make this biome feel more special with more unique challenges (like having to cut down excessive amounts of trees to try to make some pathways here and there to ease map movement). The downside would of course be raiders taking days to arrive in your camp after spawning, but that's OK. ;)