[A16] Psychology (2017-5-14)

Started by System.Linq, August 19, 2016, 07:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

System.Linq

There is already a compatibility section in the mod description. I don't keep track of specific incompatible mods because the mod is too large and there are too many mods out there. The ones that frequently come up are Romance Diversified, which you shouldn't use with Psychology, and Humanoid Alien Framework, which you can use with Psychology but aliens are not part of Psychology systems.

System.Linq

Updated to 2017-2-2. This should fix the Deep Talk error.

knainoa

Hello! Error to report: currently with Hospitality enabled pawns that visit will lose the ability to trade and (weirdly enough) lose their headgear once they reach the colony. Strangely, this error does not have a corresponding notification on the log.

System.Linq

That... doesn't sound like a bug with my mod.

SupaKoopa

Hai!
The ticking red error is the following:

Exception in Verse.AI.ThinkNode_PrioritySorter GetPriority: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Psychology.Detour._JobGiver_GetRest.MinCategory (RimWorld.JobGiver_GetRest _this) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Psychology.Detour._JobGiver_GetRest._GetPriority (RimWorld.JobGiver_GetRest j, Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_PrioritySorter.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x0006c] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\ThinkNodes\ControlFlow\ThinkNode_Controls.cs:146
Verse.Log:Error(String) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:48)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_PrioritySorter:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\ThinkNodes\ControlFlow\ThinkNode_Controls.cs:150)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\ThinkNodes\ControlFlow\ThinkNode_Controls.cs:20)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextJob(ThinkTreeDef&) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\Pawn_JobTracker.cs:397)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\Pawn_JobTracker.cs:339)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[]) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
Psychology.Detour._Pawn_JobTracker:_EndCurrentJob(Pawn_JobTracker, JobCondition, Boolean)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\Pawn_JobTracker.cs:89)
Verse.Pawn:Tick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Pawn\Pawn.cs:403)
Verse.TickList:Tick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Ticking\TickList.cs:130)
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Ticking\TickManager.cs:273)
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Ticking\TickManager.cs:243)
Verse.Game:Update() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Game.cs:465)
Verse.Root_Play:Update() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root_Play.cs:73)

System.Linq

I'm guessing that's due to some kind of mod conflict. Does it still happen if HugsLib and Psychology are your only enabled mods?

SupaKoopa

Nope, Just Psychology and HugsLib loaded, along Core, in this mod order:
Core
HugsLib
Psychology

System.Linq

Hmm, I'm guessing that it's unable to reflect JobGiver_GetRest.minCategory but why exactly that might be is beyond me, since this error doesn't appear during normal testing. Any other extenuating circumstances I should know about?

Treason5240

Quote from: knainoa on February 02, 2017, 06:04:27 PM
Hello! Error to report: currently with Hospitality enabled pawns that visit will lose the ability to trade and (weirdly enough) lose their headgear once they reach the colony. Strangely, this error does not have a corresponding notification on the log.

It's not just a thing with Psychology.

I have Hospitality running without Psychology, and visitors seem to remove their hats all the time (how polite of them to take off their caps indoors!).

I thought it was standard behavior.

FreyaMaluk

Quote from: Linq on February 02, 2017, 04:33:56 PM
There is already a compatibility section in the mod description. I don't keep track of specific incompatible mods because the mod is too large and there are too many mods out there. The ones that frequently come up are Romance Diversified, which you shouldn't use with Psychology, and Humanoid Alien Framework, which you can use with Psychology but aliens are not part of Psychology systems.
Ty for the answer... and sorry for my incompetence at finding the big "compatibility" section in the description... 
Just another question... is Rumors and Deception compatible with this mod? It seems like many people play having both installed.

System.Linq

It doesn't conflict, but it's not compatible. As the compatibility section mentions, you are taking the risk upon yourself by playing with another social interaction mod installed. Also, Rumours and Deception completely ignores everything about the Psychology systems (and vice versa for the traits in R&D) so your colonists may behave like they have split personalities. I will never recommend it but you can if you want.

FreyaMaluk

Quote from: Linq on February 03, 2017, 03:59:54 AM
It doesn't conflict, but it's not compatible. As the compatibility section mentions, you are taking the risk upon yourself by playing with another social interaction mod installed. Also, Rumours and Deception completely ignores everything about the Psychology systems (and vice versa for the traits in R&D) so your colonists may behave like they have split personalities. I will never recommend it but you can if you want.

Thanks for the extra quick answer...
I'm very new to the modding experience in Rimworld and I'm testing a lot of mods right now that seem interesting to me (many animals mods included).
I'm trying to read carefully the descriptions to avoid compatibility issues caused by plain ignorance.
anyway.. thanks for the answer and I did read that you plan on a medium future to look for compatibility with R&D... I'll watch out for any news on that :)

System.Linq

No, I don't plan on any compatibility with R&D. It's a social interaction mod. There is no compatibility. These mods do the same thing.

What I do plan on doing is looking at making it so that colonists do the same kinds of things they do in R&D in Psychology, but with Psychology's more in-depth systems.

FreyaMaluk

Quote from: Linq on February 03, 2017, 06:01:08 AM
No, I don't plan on any compatibility with R&D. It's a social interaction mod. There is no compatibility. These mods do the same thing.

What I do plan on doing is looking at making it so that colonists do the same kinds of things they do in R&D in Psychology, but with Psychology's more in-depth systems.

sounds pretty cool and interesting... looking forward to seeing that :) ... thanks for answering :)

Madman666

Oh, incorporating same elements as R&D is nice) Two mods for the price of one and with even deeper interatcion system. Cool)