Eh, I don't really care.
3 (11.5%)
It's a decent idea.
8 (30.8%)
Yeah, I think it has good potential.
15 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 26

MyNameIsSpyder

The R.C.P, or the Rimworld Colonization Project, is the brainchild of the R&D of RimTech Incorporated, a glitterworld-based company focused on the outlying planets of our galaxy, known as Rimworlds, and specifically those untouched by man. The rich people of this glitterworld quickly took interest, funding the company a grand sum of approximately 4,000,000 silver ( They have their own currency, but it converts to approximately that ), and RimTech's R&D quickly found a solution for the extreme difficulty of finding settlers to colonize them; sending in androids. These androids, known as D.A.C.s, or Dynamic AI Colonists, are well-rounded, AI-driven bots with built-in automatic logging systems, so RimTech can monitor their developing colony. The very first bot was put into testing, and then was sent off. And then it begun.

Hello! The idea of this 'challenge' ( It's more for people to develop stories with than use as a challenge ) is to have one person, an android with full bionics ( Use the Epyk pack, linked here, as I couldn't figure out which mod added it. ),and a certain set of traits and skills ( Look in the attachments for a preset for Edb Prepare Carefully you can use, install by going to C:\Users\(Username Here)\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\PrepareCarefully, and then dragging + dropping in the .pcp file. If you want, you can edit the preset in-game for better story potential! ( For example, megascarabs might have infested the ship and destroyed supplies and weakened the D.A.C. ), and then send it out to start a colony by itself, with you recording it's automatic logs in the forums. Here's what a single log entry would look like;

Log #( You would add a number for each log, obviously. )
Model #(Model number, must stay consistent, and cannot be used in other stories as their model # )
Date; #-#-# ( Rimworld Date )
( Insert log here, and remember, you're doing this from an AI's point of view, and your goal is to create a prosperious, self-sustaining colony using only the D.A.C and recruited people, not to escape the Rimworld! )

( Here you would put something like "Here's a link to the original idea for this story; https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?action=post;msg=102660;topic=10401.0", or something like that. Had to put that in parenthesis so people didn't think I was linking to someone else's post. )

PM me if you make a story using this, and I'll add it to the official database of The R.C.P stories on my site here. Thanks for reading, and please leave feedback either via my site or down below.

[attachment deleted due to age]

MyNameIsSpyder

Sorry about the editing I had to do, posted too early!  :-[

Vexare

I think this sounds like a good challenge if you're into using that mod.

I've started a colony with just one lone survivor (using EDb's Scenario mod) but that's the only mod I'm really interested in using right now because I'm still very new to the game. I'll be interested to see if anyone takes up this challenge.

My lone survivor game has been super easy since other colonists joined pretty early on and they were good additions with good skills so it's really as if I started with three anyways. I might try it again on a harder setting.

My question to you with this storyline is: How do you make the colony into a long-term stable community as per the objective? I understand you don't have to research or build a ship but doesn't the game just drag on and on getting increasingly harder and harder until you eventually get sick of waves of invaders or your colony gets wiped out? Or worse, your game gets too laggy from all the loading / processing of massive amounts of stuff as I've been reading some players have? (I've personally got one colony now to 275 days with no lag but they are very tiny, just a few colonists) ...

I was one of those who chimed in on the post that an 'endless play' option (open sandbox) without the ship rescue scenario would be nice for those who want to challenge themselves to build a very long-term base. Your AI program would fit in nicely with that playstyle.

MyNameIsSpyder

Quote from: Vexare on February 14, 2015, 01:58:12 PM
I think this sounds like a good challenge if you're into using that mod.

I've started a colony with just one lone survivor (using EDb's Scenario mod) but that's the only mod I'm really interested in using right now because I'm still very new to the game. I'll be interested to see if anyone takes up this challenge.

My lone survivor game has been super easy since other colonists joined pretty early on and they were good additions with good skills so it's really as if I started with three anyways. I might try it again on a harder setting.

My question to you with this storyline is: How do you make the colony into a long-term stable community as per the objective? I understand you don't have to research or build a ship but doesn't the game just drag on and on getting increasingly harder and harder until you eventually get sick of waves of invaders or your colony gets wiped out? Or worse, your game gets too laggy from all the loading / processing of massive amounts of stuff as I've been reading some players have? (I've personally got one colony now to 275 days with no lag but they are very tiny, just a few colonists) ...

I was one of those who chimed in on the post that an 'endless play' option (open sandbox) without the ship rescue scenario would be nice for those who want to challenge themselves to build a very long-term base. Your AI program would fit in nicely with that playstyle.

Thanks for the feedback! ( I was starting to get lonely  :'( )
If you want a more specific goal, here's one;

• Get either 29 colonists ( The 30th would be the AI ), or 4 ( Again, the fifth as the AI ) with atleast one 15 level skill at one time.
  • Get a stable food source ( Around 25 food per colonist each harvest, with some cushion incase of famine or extreme temps ).
  • Have everything except the ship parts researched ( You can if you want, but it's not worth the time ).
  • And, finally, set up a good source of income ( Get atleast 500 silver a year, steadily ).
There's your list. Sorry for not being specific enough, and please give me any feedback/suggestions/other possible goals! ( And remember, it's supposed to just be a base for people to build their stories around! Also, just a recommendation, but I'd set it to a hard difficulty; it can get pretty easy. ).

popster99

popster99

popster99

this is the prepare carefully file to use

[attachment deleted due to age]

popster99

Log 1
Model 21
The ship crashed and to survive I had to use the escape pods I landed in a super hot jungle I hope I don’t go rusty I must find a place to set up camp and start a base.

popster99

Log 2
Model 21
I have a basic home and I am digging into the mountain for more space I also have basic power from solar with batteries I hope a human joins me soon I need some help building the base

popster99

Log 3
Model 21
I have built a basic prison and finished the wall I am building a more stable power gen and some defences

popster99

Log 4
Model 21
A escape pod fell down from the sky that had a human in it I am going to try and recruit them

popster99

Log 5
Model 21
A raider tried attacking me with a steel shiv I just shot them up from a distance with my cyber rifle they got incaped so I am going to try to recruit them

popster99

Log 6
Model 21
I have recruited Marta the person who fell down from the sky now its only some time till mal the raider is recruited

popster99

Log 7
Model 21
Marta and I recruited mal and another pod came from the sky with another person inside

popster99

Log 8
Model 21
The person from the mod was recruited and it seems that they can’t do much apart from research so that’s their job still have not got defense