[MOD] (Alpha 5) BetterPower+ (V5.0.0): Updated 16/07/14

Started by Architect, February 28, 2014, 07:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Girlinhat

Went into godmode to try some things.  With unlimited energy on, I placed 10 large batteries, then turn it off, and place 5 large batteries.  One dedicated hauler walked the 2 spaces back and forth moving the one power cell between one charging and one draining station.  It every time it would have one over ~5,000 it would instead flip over and seem to either start from 0 with a small random charge, or perhaps it rolled over and started over with the remainder being added.

Tried again with a roomfull of regular vanilla batteries, it was even worse.

Tried again with a SINGLE large battery, and it charged as expected.  The problem seems to be that multiple batteries on the same line will cause it to wig out.  When the charging and draining station are on the same grid, they work without loss, and when one batter is on the receiving grid, it works fine.

Also a suggestion to make: Increase the price of the draining stations, make them much larger (2x3 is my suggestion) and give them 10,000 energy storage.  Only drain the power cell in storage if the draining station is empty.  As it stands, a hauler will move a cell back and forth and deplete one grid entirely, while the other is fully charged, wasting as much power as you could produce.  If the draining station would only drain when it needed to, and keep cells in stock as a backup option, then things would work much better.  As it stands, they're worthless because one power grid will be totally depleted.  You could make a separate grid purely for charging cells to be moved, but then that kind of defeats the purpose.

Sakata

Architect:
There is a bug with the latest release that allows events to happen inside of mountains or other roofed areas. eg. Raider invasion pods, resource pods, downed survivors, and your crashed meteor. It also seems to effect the spawn for the crash - instead of raiders being in a small area, they're all over the map. (Possibly caused by the changes required by the roof remover)

knoedel90

in the new Version, coal mine doesn't fill belt feed

WolfgangPolska

How exacly takes to turn Nuclear Waste into depleted nuclear waste?
I have no idea how, but it works!!!

Architect

Ok guys, I'll look into all of this as soon as I get the chance, but I'm really burning the candle at both ends over here.

Quote from: WolfgangPolska on July 01, 2014, 11:08:52 AM
How exacly takes to turn Nuclear Waste into depleted nuclear waste?

Two in game weeks or there abouts.
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

DarkXess

*Sorry for the delay, been on my travels - working on updating all the mod pages etc now.

Thanks for posting your update, mirrors and download page updated :)

You can find our mirror here:

You can always contact me for changes to be made to the above link, also any updates please be kind to
inform us or even submit the update yourself on our downloads section.

nuschler22

How do I disable the black box?  I have researched black box reading.  Still can't figure out how to use it.  I have a black box that landed right next to my base and I'd rather it not go critical.

harpo99999

in the past, the answer was to go out and SHOOT it to death by individually targeting it for each shooter that you send out

nuschler22

I found that a blasting charge works as well. 

I think there is supposed to be more to it considering it has the black box reading research attached to it.  I imagine it is suppose to be a power source.

Girlinhat

Quote from: nuschler22 on July 01, 2014, 07:49:55 PM
I found that a blasting charge works as well. 

I think there is supposed to be more to it considering it has the black box reading research attached to it.  I imagine it is suppose to be a power source.
The black box research only shows you the countdown of when it'll explode.

I honestly feel like this mod has a lot of neat but incomplete or unbalanced features.  The falling engine parts that don't do anything except ruin things, the infinite falling debris that leaves the terrain covered in geothermal vents, the nuclear power that generates ENORMOUS piles of non-stacking nuclear waste...

Architect

I've listed all the comments here on my immediate to do list, but currently the only time I am ever at home is on Friday afternoons for 3 hours before I have to head out to help at my local youth club again. Those 3 hours are pretty much spent entirely catching up on lost sleep, so currently no update is forthcoming. What is worse is the fact that I am leaving the country entirely in 3 weeks to assist the scout leaders with various camps for various age groups for 2 weeks, then I start my summer job which will leave me with very limited time too. I'll be pulling an all nighter to get this mod up to alpha 5 as soon as its released, but after that I'm going to quietly fall off the radar for a while, and frankly I cannot promise I'll be returning. Keeping this mod up to date and content fresh is considerably harder than I predicted it would be, and I'm unwilling to give up my sports, work, school, and volunteering commitments.
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

JorDash

Quote from: Architect on July 03, 2014, 09:30:41 AM
I've listed all the comments here on my immediate to do list, but currently the only time I am ever at home is on Friday afternoons for 3 hours before I have to head out to help at my local youth club again. Those 3 hours are pretty much spent entirely catching up on lost sleep, so currently no update is forthcoming. What is worse is the fact that I am leaving the country entirely in 3 weeks to assist the scout leaders with various camps for various age groups for 2 weeks, then I start my summer job which will leave me with very limited time too. I'll be pulling an all nighter to get this mod up to alpha 5 as soon as its released, but after that I'm going to quietly fall off the radar for a while, and frankly I cannot promise I'll be returning. Keeping this mod up to date and content fresh is considerably harder than I predicted it would be, and I'm unwilling to give up my sports, work, school, and volunteering commitments.

That kind of sucks. But I can totally understand. All the work you have done and have put into this mod are greatly appreciated. I sincerely wish you the best. Enjoy your time away. :)

Sakata

Will you be handing the mod off? Really hope so, because there is a lot of things about this mod that I really like.

JKTD1919

I would take it if I halfway knew what I was doing xD
Os iusti meditabitur sapientian, et lingua eius loquetur iudicium. Venerit vir qui sufferit tentationem.

Jerethi50

Nevermind this, Assemblies seem way above my head, and its looking like they need updating with alpha 5. wich probably means they will continue to need updating.