edible arms and legs

Started by keylocke, May 28, 2015, 08:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keylocke

so i was thinking about how colonists, raiders, visitors, etc keeps losing their arms and legs for whatever reason, and i was like "dudes, where did all the sweet meat go?"

so yea, if we harvest the heart or the liver or lungs or replace limbs with bionics, etc.. why can't we eat it? shouldn't the extraction of a limb at least drop a few fresh meaty items for consumption?

also, why do people have ESP or hypersensitivity or whatevs? how could they be acutely aware that the meal they ate was made of human meat?

EscapeZeppelin

Quote from: keylocke on May 28, 2015, 08:14:36 AMalso, why do people have ESP or hypersensitivity or whatevs? how could they be acutely aware that the meal they ate was made of human meat?

Because the sweetness of manflesh is truly singular. It tastes of forbidden delicacies and dark desires, and even a sliver of that pale meat can form a strange hunger in a man. A hunger that calls to him from midnight dreams and twisted thought and beckons him to taste again.

Also, yes. I think you should be able to store limbs like you can organs, but also consume organs and limbs just like regular meat.

Rahjital

Quote from: keylocke on May 28, 2015, 08:14:36 AM
also, why do people have ESP or hypersensitivity or whatevs? how could they be acutely aware that the meal they ate was made of human meat?

Because they are not stupid and the colony is too small to hide that you are having soylent green for dinner. You should be glad that your colonists don't refuse to eat all meat you have when you mix some human flesh with the cobraflesh and muffalo meat in the freezer :p

keylocke

but.. but.. it steals away from the suspense when a colonist accidentally witnesses the cook while heartily butchering delicious meat after a recent raid..  followed by :

lol.  ;D

JimmyAgnt007

i agree limbs should be treated like organs.  removable and made edible.  You can eat someones liver with berries and beer.  (sorry no fava beans and chianti yet)

also the paste dispenser should mask the use of human flesh as food so you can serve it without anyone knowing.  (rotten food too)

Adamiks

Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on May 28, 2015, 09:27:01 AM
i agree limbs should be treated like organs.  removable and made edible.  You can eat someones liver with berries and beer.  (sorry no fava beans and chianti yet)

also the paste dispenser should mask the use of human flesh as food so you can serve it without anyone knowing.  (rotten food too)

Ok, but someone need to put human meat into the hopper and butcher these people, so....
1. Colonist was going for beer and he saw cook butchering some people - colony knows.
2. Cook had a mental break and he told everyone about human meat - colony knows.

BUT your cook can be a cannibal + psychopath or your cook can live in 2x2 room only with butchering table and hopper, but anyway someone will need to haul bodies into this cook-cave (yep... colony knows);D

And about rotten food - i know that colonists aren't smart, but they're still humans! ;D

keylocke

Quote from: Adamiks on May 28, 2015, 09:46:13 AM

Ok, but someone need to put human meat into the hopper and butcher these people, so....
1. Colonist was going for beer and he saw cook butchering some people - colony knows.
2. Cook had a mental break and he told everyone about human meat - colony knows.

BUT your cook can be a cannibal + psychopath or your cook can live in 2x2 room only with butchering table and hopper, but anyway someone will need to haul bodies into this cook-cave (yep... colony knows);D

And about rotten food - i know that colonists aren't smart, but they're still humans! ;D

oh, but what if you place 2 lavish meals on the table? one is made of man-burger, while the other is made from monkey meat. how does colonists know which one is delicious and which one is MORE delicious?  ;D

Rahjital

They don't know... so they should be disgusted by love both :D

JimmyAgnt007

Paste dispenser just gives you paste from any source of protein.  Doesnt matter if its rotted a little, you just might not get as much.

Put the incinerator in the same room as the butcher table, cook says "Why yes I incinerated all those bodies.  Now eat your paste and sit on that lovely new leather chair I made."

Sure the colony might 'know' but maybe not if they are all out doing stuff.  Either way, the visitors who just show up and eat your stuff wouldnt know. 

The game isnt deep enough for deception and stealth to play a role yet.  So we could just make it a secret from the visitors.

OR if we could forbid things from most but not all people, and set a bill to produce paste meals, then the soylent green might be able to be produced in secret and hauled to the mess hall without anyone being wiser.

Frankenbeasley

Point 1 above, and your 'BUT' addendum could both be addressed by subterfuge. What you do is set up a room for the cook that has both a butchery table and a crematorium inside. You then make a stockpile for both human and animal bodies outside the door. The cook comes out to take a corpse and heads back inside with it. What happens next is out of direct view. To the other colonists, it seems as if you are taking the animals and butchering them then cremating the humans and any animal remains.

*Edit: Ninja'd by JimmyAgnt007!

This is what sausages and burgers and strong herbs and spices are for. There are any number of documentaries and reports on the meat industry which expose the way that rotten meat can be swept up and reprocessed either by being used as a bulking agent (25% rotten and 85% fresh, say) or by having a piquant sauce used to disguise the rancid flesh. Don't get me wrong - I love a good sausage and I am happy not to think about what is in it. Put sausages in front of me and I'll gobble them up; put a plate of anus, ear, and eyeball in front of me and I'll probably produce a technicolour yawn.

Since I don't allow cannibals to join my colonies, this has never really been an issue for me. However, I did have one colony where I was extremely draconian on the matter, and I took to using captured cannibals as surgical dummies. They would eventually be released with two peg legs, no arms, and less than the standard complement of eyes, lungs and kidneys. Whilst this was going on, I was hoping to be able to sustain the cannibals by feeding them their own limbs but I could not. This may have been a good thing in the long run, of course, because I still feel morally tainted by what I did to them in the first place.
You live and learn. At any rate, you live.  - Douglas Adams

Adamiks

Quote from: Frankenbeasley on May 28, 2015, 12:28:25 PM
What you do is set up a room for the cook that has both a butchery table and a crematorium inside. You then make a stockpile for both human and animal bodies outside the door. The cook comes out to take a corpse and heads back inside with it. What happens next is out of direct view. To the other colonists, it seems as if you are taking the animals and butchering them then cremating the humans and any animal remains.

Nice idea, but if someone will just say "Hey Jack, i will haul this body for you!", he will enter this "crematorium-butchering-cooking" room and he will see animals bodies in crematorium and humans bodies on butchering table? ;D

And cook will can tell people about this "magic" room anyway.

JimmyAgnt007

generally speaking, serial killers dont get caught because they blabbed about their kill room.  if they do they dont last long enough to be considered 'serial'. 

of course no matter what anyone does, discovery is still possible, not sure why you have to refer to it like it needs to be 'magic' to be doable. 

Adamiks

When i was saying "magic room" i meant "place when human bodies disappears and some nice meat is coming out" ;).

And colonist don't need to be psychopath/serial killer to butcher humans (yep... Rimworld ;D).

Rahjital

Quote from: Frankenbeasley on May 28, 2015, 12:28:25 PMrotten meat can be swept up and reprocessed either by being used as a bulking agent (25% rotten and 85% fresh, say)

110% meat! No wonder nobody notices, the enhanced meat makes up for the bad taste :D

Frankenbeasley

Quote from: Rahjital on May 28, 2015, 01:50:34 PM
Quote from: Frankenbeasley on May 28, 2015, 12:28:25 PMrotten meat can be swept up and reprocessed either by being used as a bulking agent (25% rotten and 85% fresh, say)

110% meat! No wonder nobody notices, the enhanced meat makes up for the bad taste :D

Lol! Headshot!
Frankenbeasley, Mindwipe.
Dementia, Brain Damage.
Tons of Joy
Equipped: Keyboard
Hauling brains to Dumping Stockpile 1
You live and learn. At any rate, you live.  - Douglas Adams