[MOD] (Alpha 6) Superior Crafting v2.11: The Stim Fix! [Updated]

Started by Abrexus, August 14, 2014, 07:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of the shooting range?  Would you like to see more skill enhancing buildings?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
0 (0%)
I've never used it
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 23, 2014, 06:24:29 PM

AtoningUnifex

Quote from: CounterFact on September 30, 2014, 01:30:00 PM
You can build powered doors, then turn their power off. But that's just a workaround, a conductive non-powered door would be a great idea.

Oh yeah! That's so obvious I never thought about it! It'll do for now ;)

It used to be so that a stone wall with power conducts would require 10 stone and 1 metal, but since colonists can only carry 1 material at the time, building stone walls would require too much labour and that's why they changed it I think.

Oh right. Yeah I guess that makes sense. It's more of a game limitation that anything then. I wonder if it's possible to mod the power conduit so it can be placed on top of walls - so you build a wall then add a conduit to it? I guess it's not big enough of an issue to worry about really!

About the crafting and security tech, I understand what you're trying to say, but the way it is now, the advanced turrets are shielded by a wall of tech, meaning that there's no 'quick' way to power through some tech and get advanced stuff. And if it were the case that you got Security III and not crafting, you can still buy them from a trader. If AI chips are easy to get, they would lose their status as a rare, hard to obtain object in the mid-game.

Hmmmm. Ok yeah I get the point of this - you can maybe get a mid-game automated turret but only if you're lucky. I'm in two minds about this. It seems misleading to have researched something that supposedly gives you automated turrets but doesn't - maybe a better description is needed. It also feels a cheat that you can somehow design this turret based on a chip you've never seen before.

Could it be possible to allow the deconstruction of mechs at this point? Makes it still rare to get chips but more likely that just via trading. Perhaps it might be possible to limit the research to until you get your first chip?

One other option could be to have an intermediate stage of turrets - remote controlled. Where you have to man a console to control the turret(s).

Coolpey

It really must just be me, I have had it off ever since I saw trading was not working for me, guess i'll just wait for Alpha 7

Sooner535

You can disassemble mechs 5 AI chips apiece (with just this mod 1 hour in and I had around 40 turrets) also you can craft AI chips, if that's still not enough add custom events mod, if you get a solar eclipsed darkness it spawns void and each one (I usually have 50-80 everywhere) nets you 25 metal ore and 5 AI chips (using these mods I got an eclipse once and just had under 1k chips)

MelanisticAlbino

Patrykbono20

Romi

Abrexus tell me you are going to update this awesome mod!I cannot play without this!This is my life bro!

Ramsis

HELLO FANS OF SUPERIOR CRAFTING!

So I just got off the phone with Abrexus actually and on his behalf I would like to inform you all that he will be working towards an update probably this weekend :>

He's been rather sick as of late and had to focus on more pressing matters but he's back.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

LZPanzer

MelanisticAlbino

Quote from: Ramsis on October 02, 2014, 06:31:12 PM
HELLO FANS OF SUPERIOR CRAFTING!

So I just got off the phone with Abrexus actually and on his behalf I would like to inform you all that he will be working towards an update probably this weekend :>

He's been rather sick as of late and had to focus on more pressing matters but he's back.

Oh, I hope he gets better. But the fact that this mod is still alive is great news! I really can't play without it.

Romi

Hand

yeah i realy love this mod and cant wait to it gets updated but your health comes first hope you get well soon.

Khadi

Any news about update? I don't know if i should create new colony now, or wait for the update. x]

Abrexus

Hey everyone, I'm back!

I'm very sorry I haven't had a chance to post until today.  I built myself a new PC last week, then got hit with a very nasty cold.  I am just now getting my voice back.  I'm going to start on the Alpha 7 conversion, and hope to have it out before long.  Fell free to message or reply, and if you have ideas for new features or changes I am more than happy to entertain them!

Matthiasagreen

Quote from: Abrexus on October 08, 2014, 03:23:49 PM
Hey everyone, I'm back!

I'm very sorry I haven't had a chance to post until today.  I built myself a new PC last week, then got hit with a very nasty cold.  I am just now getting my voice back.  I'm going to start on the Alpha 7 conversion, and hope to have it out before long.  Fell free to message or reply, and if you have ideas for new features or changes I am more than happy to entertain them!

Glad you are back and OK!
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...