[MOD] (Alpha 6) Superior Crafting v2.11: The Stim Fix! [Updated]

Started by Abrexus, August 14, 2014, 07:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of the shooting range?  Would you like to see more skill enhancing buildings?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
0 (0%)
I've never used it
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 23, 2014, 06:24:29 PM

Sevalle

Great mod and a real fun and different way/experience to play rimworld.

One bug i had in my game was: When a group of pirates came and wanted to sige my colonie they started directly to run to my base to get my sand i guess so that they could build their sandbags.

Abrexus

Quote from: Sevalle on August 17, 2014, 08:03:46 PM
Great mod and a real fun and different way/experience to play rimworld.

One bug i had in my game was: When a group of pirates came and wanted to sige my colonie they started directly to run to my base to get my sand i guess so that they could build their sandbags.

LOL, you have me laughing so hard I can't stop!  I'll put out a quick fix for that so they spawn with some sand, poor devils!

Update - it appears that based on the code built into the game for sieges, it should spawn the required materials for sandbags, regardless of what material is required.  The code is pretty good for it actually (kudos to Tynan).  Maybe they just liked your sand better?

Abrexus

New item for v1.08 - Stone Embrasures!  Built the same way you build walls or sandbags...see image below.

Lucian47

I'm having trouble updating to the latest version of this mod. I started a colony with the version 1.06, now I updated to the version 1.08 and I can't load my game anymore. When I try to load the colony my screen explodes and I get a "Could not load reference to Verse.ThingDef named SlagRefinery" and a lot of "Object reference not set to an instance of an object".
Am I doing something wrong? Can you fix this, please?
Thanks

Abrexus

Quote from: Lucian47 on August 17, 2014, 10:39:57 PM
I'm having trouble updating to the latest version of this mod. I started a colony with the version 1.06, now I updated to the version 1.08 and I can't load my game anymore. When I try to load the colony my screen explodes and I get a "Could not load reference to Verse.ThingDef named SlagRefinery" and a lot of "Object reference not set to an instance of an object".
Am I doing something wrong? Can you fix this, please?
Thanks

You're not doing anything wrong, it's a side effect of a bug fix I had to make.  Sadly, this fix will break saved games that have already built the Smelter.  A work around would be to go back to v1.06 and delete the Smelter, then update to v1.08, or edit it out of your save file.

harpuea

I assume the Bunker Targetting AI is bugged. It doesn't auto target any enemy within range at all. You have to set force target to shoot, which is just needless micro and isn't fun. Also, the range is terrible. Even Tribesmen with arrows out ranges it and destroys it without taking any damage.

Abrexus

Quote from: harpuea on August 18, 2014, 02:48:05 AM
I assume the Bunker Targetting AI is bugged. It doesn't auto target any enemy within range at all. You have to set force target to shoot, which is just needless micro and isn't fun. Also, the range is terrible. Even Tribesmen with arrows out ranges it and destroys it without taking any damage.

The manned turret, bunker, and sentry gun all use the stock "Gun_TurretImprovised", as I hadn't changed any of the stock weapon or armor values yet.  It should work just like the others, and the range is no different than the stock guns.  That being said, those will be addressed in the next big update as I will be adding new weapons, armor and turrets.

I will however test the bunker today and see if I can reproduce it not shooting.

**edit**  fixed the bunker from not shooting automatically when manned.  Updated to v1.08a.  Also minor update with agave tank to work better with the new injury system.

Mysterius

Hello!

Just a small suggestion : I think it would be cool if the nuclear reactor actually required uranium with a hopper in order to work.
A very small amount, but still. That would make uranium even more useful. And since the nuclear reactor is tremendously powerful, it would also make it a bit more challenging (but not too much since uranium can be purchased from traders).

Sevalle

Quote from: Abrexus on August 17, 2014, 08:35:31 PM
LOL, you have me laughing so hard I can't stop!  I'll put out a quick fix for that so they spawn with some sand, poor devils!

Update - it appears that based on the code built into the game for sieges, it should spawn the required materials for sandbags, regardless of what material is required.  The code is pretty good for it actually (kudos to Tynan).  Maybe they just liked your sand better?

Then maybe there is something wrong with my game... I just had a second sige and the same thing happened the go to their positon get some sandbag blueprint and 3 of the 6 guys go for my sand. Also they get no resources in their position: no sand, no food or whatever there is also no blueprint for any morta...
The only mods I use are yours and the jaxxa shields.

I added a my savegame just when the siege is starting maybe someone can tell me why it doesent work in my game :)

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Mysterius

I have 1.08a and the bunker is still not firing automatically :(

I attached my savegame but that was stupid of me : i have other mods, you won't be able to load it.
If you ever want to try, here are the required mods :

The bunker worked in 1.06, before I upgraded to 1.08a.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Abrexus

Quote from: Mysterius on August 18, 2014, 08:45:33 AM
I have 1.08a and the bunker is still not firing automatically :(

I attached my savegame but that was stupid of me : i have other mods, you won't be able to load it.
If you ever want to try, here are the required mods :

The bunker worked in 1.06, before I upgraded to 1.08a.

It appears I can't load your save game without the world file it's attached to (*sadface*), but try deleting and rebuilding the bunker.  you can use the development console in options.  It's possible that the change I made to the bunker (altitudeLayer) may not be taking with the old one that's already in place in the world.

**Edit**
I think I may have found the issue.  I changed the "fillPercent" rating to make it so your colonist couldn't be shot while behind the bunker, but apparently that causes an issue with the bunker and line of sight...so I changed it to 0.9 and now it seems to be working fine.  I'll post an update after work.  Also I made a special gun for the bunker and increased the range to 38 (which is 4 more than the range of a tribesman with a bow).

I'm off work the next two days after today, and I hope to expand the turret and weapon selection to provide some balance.

Thank you for your time and help in resolving this issue.

Abrexus

Quote from: Sevalle on August 18, 2014, 08:28:15 AM
Quote from: Abrexus on August 17, 2014, 08:35:31 PM

Then maybe there is something wrong with my game... I just had a second sige and the same thing happened the go to their positon get some sandbag blueprint and 3 of the 6 guys go for my sand. Also they get no resources in their position: no sand, no food or whatever there is also no blueprint for any morta...
The only mods I use are yours and the jaxxa shields.

I added a my savegame just when the siege is starting maybe someone can tell me why it doesn't work in my game :)

I'm stumped on the siege issue.  In all honesty the siege mechanic is handled by the game in that it lays out the blueprint for the base the raiders will create, then pulls the required materials it needs for each item and should spawn them when the raid begins.  I'll double check my  resources xml file, but I'll be honest I'm not sure why it isn't working.

ayoblub

Sadly as mac user I noticed that this mod is windows only (dll library). Do you see any possibility to develop a mac port of this mod in the future?

Florence

Hey man I've been playing this all day now and I just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work on the mod.

theubie

Working on a Let's Play for 1.08a.  Will probably have it up today sometime.