[MOD] (Alpha 6) Superior Crafting v2.11: The Stim Fix! [Updated]

Started by Abrexus, August 14, 2014, 07:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of the shooting range?  Would you like to see more skill enhancing buildings?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
0 (0%)
I've never used it
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 23, 2014, 06:24:29 PM

LZPanzer

Quote from: Abrexus on October 08, 2014, 03:23:49 PM
Hey everyone, I'm back!

I'm very sorry I haven't had a chance to post until today.  I built myself a new PC last week, then got hit with a very nasty cold.  I am just now getting my voice back.  I'm going to start on the Alpha 7 conversion, and hope to have it out before long.  Fell free to message or reply, and if you have ideas for new features or changes I am more than happy to entertain them!

id love to be able to craft artillery shells at a work bench, been eyeing jaxas new mod pack, enhanced defense but dont like the idea of "growing arty shells", relying on traders.

CounterFact

Nice to see you back. Alpha 7 is great, but without doubt it would be more awesome with your mod. :)

Patrykbono20

Welcome back :D

Superior Crafting in A7 be compatibility with Apparello and T`S Mod ( Tailor Banch are not work correct with this mod)? And maybe you add more theme from Clutter and Apothecarius ?

JasonCD

Nice to hear you're back online, guy. Eagerly awaiting the update.

Jenner

Hey everyone, I'm back!

I'm very sorry I haven't had a chance to post until today.  I built myself a new PC last week, then got hit with a very nasty cold.  I am just now getting my voice back.  I'm going to start on the Alpha 7 conversion, and hope to have it out before long.  Fell free to message or reply, and if you have ideas for new features or changes I am more than happy to entertain them!

Welcome back and good to hear you're ok!

Every time I see this thread bumped I get super excited thinking there's been an update, love the mod!

CounterFact

Some suggestions:
- Make Devilstrand grow in the dark, it needs 45 days, that's near impossible to get without a solar storm which will cause them to die because the hydrophonic tables. I know I can grow it outside, but I want to grow it inside. :)
- Outdoor lighting, so basicly lamps that won't be affected by rain. Outdoor growing lamp might be a bit unbalanced, so maybe not that.
- Since bionics arrived, I came up with some cool things:
                                 * Brain chip: converts prisoner instantly, but then they can only do dumb labour
                                 * Bionic torso enhancement: counters bad backs, increases strenght etc., still contains organs, but protects them better
                                 * Advanced life support bed: all my prisoners die before I extract all their organs :(
                                    this machine can keep them alive long enough to harvest all organs :)
                                 * Bionics assembly: uses (converted) AI chips, pure gold electric circuiting and solid plasteel casing
                                    to build a range of bionic parts
                                 * Prostetics assembly: uses metal and wood to create basic prostetics
- Nuclear Pressure steelmaker: converts steel to plasteel at a rate of 1->5 or so, needs uranium to build
- Marble as a luxury resource for tiles and walls

Not all of them the best ideas/suggestions, but some of them would be very useful in the way I play :)

Matthiasagreen

I just recommend you take a look at Julia Ellie's Nurse Recipe Mod, though you usually work closely with her, so you probably already are!

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6640.0
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

Khadi

Hey everyone, I'm back!

Good to see you back then. About the new features, a few cool mods came out, why don't talk to the authors and make the compatible with superior crafting? I'm thinking about these:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6528.0
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6461.0
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5930.0
and https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6679.0 or https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6699.0

Quote from: CounterFact on October 09, 2014, 10:43:18 AM
Some suggestions:
[...]
                                  * Advanced life support bed: all my prisoners die before I extract all their organs :(
I think this is a bad idea. How you want to keep him alive if you harvest both lungs? He can't breathe, and any life support machine isn't able to change that. On the other hand a possibility to harvest from the dead people, for like a day, or half a day after their death would be awesome. Organs don't spoil immediately after the death so this would be more logical. Although this might be difficult to make.

shadowstreaker

CounterFact, the mod Apothecarius Seven by JuliaEllie adds a life support system which you can use to keep people alive while you steal all their organs, or just to keep a colonist alive until you find a *Ahem* Willing Donor

MelanisticAlbino

Welcome back! We've missed you!

I'm really looking forward to the A7 update, will it be compatible with extended surgery? That mod is definitely a must-have!

CounterFact

Quote from: shadowstreaker on October 09, 2014, 02:14:51 PM
CounterFact, the mod Apothecarius Seven by JuliaEllie adds a life support system which you can use to keep people alive while you steal all their organs, or just to keep a colonist alive until you find a *Ahem* Willing Donor
Cool, I'll look into that.
Quote from: Khadi on October 09, 2014, 02:05:27 PM
Some suggestions:
[...]
I think this is a bad idea. How you want to keep him alive if you harvest both lungs? He can't breathe, and any life support machine isn't able to change that. On the other hand a possibility to harvest from the dead people, for like a day, or half a day after their death would be awesome. Organs don't spoil immediately after the death so this would be more logical. Although this might be difficult to make.
Well, 'advanced' life support not only pumps and filters the blood, it also adds the needed nutrition and oxygen, all the while the subject is under in a chemicly induced coma. It's really high tech.
Harvesting from dead bodies is a bad idea imo. In theory they don't spoil, but from a gameplay perspective organs would become as common as a rock in the desert.

Florence

Hey man I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better and I can't wait to be able to play the mod again.

In terms of suggestions the only thing that crosses my mind is to perhaps increase enemy difficulty in the late game somehow.

Xubrim

QuoteHarvesting from dead bodies is a bad idea imo. In theory they don't spoil, but from a gameplay perspective organs would become as common as a rock in the desert.

I have a feeling they'll still become overly common with the life support system, too. Instead of trying to milk as many organs from a prisoner, or take organs from dead bodies, it might be more interesting to look into nonlethal weapons. I haven't tried the stun gun mod yet, but the idea of charging/flanking raiders with tasers equipped sounds a lot more engaging. More importantly (to me), it carries some degree of risk instead of just "build X for more organs".

I wonder if the life support system could be tweaked to be more like cyrostatis. The colonist remains alive, but surgery is impossible. Not sure if it'd be worth the effort, though.

edit: That said, totally on board with extending the amount of prosthetics and cybernetics. It looks like it could be a really fun system.

Patrykbono20

Nopkar

Quote from: CounterFact on October 09, 2014, 03:23:14 PM
Quote from: shadowstreaker on October 09, 2014, 02:14:51 PM
Cool, I'll look into that.
Quote from: Khadi on October 09, 2014, 02:05:27 PM
Some suggestions:
[...]
Well, 'advanced' life support not only pumps and filters the blood, it also adds the needed nutrition and oxygen, all the while the subject is under in a chemicly induced coma. It's really high tech.
Harvesting from dead bodies is a bad idea imo. In theory they don't spoil, but from a gameplay perspective organs would become as common as a rock in the desert.

The balancing factor would be the expense of building the life support system in the first place. once you can build one you would in theory have a stable colony with geared pawns and the industry already laid out. Think of it as more of end-game content