Mod request: Glass Roof

Started by twisted067, January 15, 2017, 01:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twisted067

Is it possible to create a mod to build a glass roof? I would like this to make a greenhouse, and to also have natural lighting here and there.

Thanks!

sulusdacor

try dubs skylight mod. i haven't used it myself so dont know if you can do the whole roof.

Tammabanana

Vendan's got a transparent roof mod, too, though I only see it on Steam, not the forums. I'm running both that and Dub's skylight right now; they work a bit differently, so you might prefer one for certain circumstances and the other for others.

Vendan's RimRoof is more like what you describe - a transparent roof. For each square of glass roof, the square directly underneath it is lit - not fully, but mostly, and it changes smoothly based on the outdoor lighting.  Dub's SkyLight lights up the square underneath it and the 8 squares surrounding it, but it does it in jumpier percentages. I like the effect of RimRoof quite a bit more, but because each of the mods is ~5 steel per 1x1 installation, and RimRoof only affects one but SkyLight affects 9, I've been using SkyLight much more frequently. Less of a steel sink. :/

RimRoof also comes with a solar panel roofing option, which is quite useful, but the mod's also still kind of buggy/not-well-described in some ways, so I'm assuming its forum absence is associated with continuing development. SkyLight is simpler and I haven't seen any bugs yet.
Tam's tiny mods: forum thread: Kitchen Counters and other shelving *** Smoked meat *** Travel rations: MREs *** Pygmy Muffalo