No mood penalty for giving prisoner or bonded animal as a gift, if sent by pod

Started by PatrykSzczescie, September 11, 2018, 01:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PatrykSzczescie

Once on RimWorld, I analyzed my relationship with other factions. I came up with a brilliant idea how to improve it with one of them: send a gift. I had a transport pod and a prisoner from the pirate faction, which I didn't need. There's no time to lose: fuel loaded, so I just put the prisoner with other useless stuff to a pod and send a faction I was interested in. It went smoothly: a prisoner less to feed, the relationship improved, no mood penalty. Exactly, no mood penalty. None of my colonists was a psychopath or had any traits that would affect mood on any organic loss. So I came up with another brilliant idea. I didn't need this iguana which was sulking in my colony since the beginning but it was bonded to one of my colonists who had mood buff due to being its master. I sent the iguana as a gift the same way I sent the prisoner. Result: the colonist lost the mood buff, didn't gain any mood debuff and in Social tab, the bonded animal showed itself as belonging to the faction I sent the gift to. Another day, I was going to complete a trading quest for clubs. Apart from those clubs, I brought a prisoner I didn't need and sent a transport pod as a caravan along with a few of colonists to a faction village. Once I fulfilled the requirements for the quest, I started trading. I gave the faction the prisoner as a gift. My colonists got a debuff that a prisoner was sold. How rude! I should've sent the prisoner separately.

I guess that no mood penalty after sending a gift is a bug and when human or bonded animal is being sent, there must be a mood debuff.

To reproduce the bug do the following steps:
1. Prepare to send objects to a near non-pirate village via transport pod.
2. Load a prisoner or bonded animal to a pod, assuming the tested colonist is not a psychopath.
3. Send the content as a gift to a village in range.
4. Check for mood in Needs tab of the tested colonist.

And do the next.
1. Prepare to send objects to a near non-pirate village via transport pod.
2. Load a prisoner or bonded animal to a pod along with a colonist, assuming the tested colonist is not a psychopath.
3. Send the content to a village in range visiting it.
4. Trade with the village and offer the prisoner or bonded animal as a gift.

Tynan

PRISONER BUG:

Kenneth reported that the prisoner bug reported here isn't reproducible.

BONDED ANIMAL BUG:

1. If you give a bonded animal away by trading, it should work as it does now: Exactly the same as if selling the animal.

2. If you give a bonded animal away by transport pod, the bonded human should get the same "bonded animal sold" mood thought, but with no opinion effect (since there is no specific trader).

This just requires separating the "bonded animal sold" thought from a single def which has both social and mood effects, into two defs, one which has a social effect and the other which has a mood effect. In case 1, both thoughts are given. In case 2, only the mood thought is given.

In all cases, the bond should be broken.

In all cases, the text should be changed to "bonded animal given away" / "gave away my bonded animal". This text will make sense for both gifts and selling. Be sure not to break any translation data - just change the English text.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

zizard

I think the prisoner podding was fixed from B19->1.0, by adding a check for any humanlike pawns in a gifted pod and if so, adding prisoner sold debuff. It was used to get rid of colonists without mood debuff while farming relation at the same time. Nowadays we use more convoluted methods to get rid of them.