To Forum Staff

Started by Klitri, January 19, 2016, 06:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klitri

Since there is no other place to post this, I'm putting it right here.

My response: I hold no regrets to this post.

I find it disgusting and insulting to Tynan that people doubt his credibility. He worked tirelessly to provide a solid game only to be INSULTED with spews about how he's abandoning it. My stance doesn't change, and I find it equally disgusting that the forums are supportive of this insulting speech towards Tynan.

Thanks.

StorymasterQ

Yes, well, the forum finds it equally disgusting that you would say such insulting words towards other people.

If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Coenmcj

A few of us share the same stance, so do (I assume) the moderators, however they have to uphold the rules of the forums, Just have faith, the non-believers will have a nasty shock when he does return, as he has stated he will be.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Klitri

Quote from: StorymasterQ on January 19, 2016, 07:53:39 PM
Yes, well, the forum finds it equally disgusting that you would say such insulting words towards other people.

Sorry, I like to speak my mind :/

porcupine

Quote from: Klitri on January 19, 2016, 09:27:27 PM

Especially when it comes to quashing somebody else who is doing the very same thing?  The irony is palpable. 

StorymasterQ

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Klitri

Quote from: porcupine on January 19, 2016, 11:08:45 PM

Especially when it comes to quashing somebody else who is doing the very same thing?  The irony is palpable.

Much palp.

jzero

Quote from: Klitri on January 20, 2016, 01:43:20 PM
Quote from: porcupine on January 19, 2016, 11:08:45 PM

Much palp.

the palp.....IT'S OVER 9000!!

seriously though I agree with you and I don't understand how people can just assume Tynan is gone for good.

All the same. You could have expressed you're opinion with less foul language :)
Actual cannibal shia labeouf.

RickyMartini

Want to participate in this Forum? Then don't swear.

Klitri

Whatever, I've seen others swear like sailors, and they're not punished.

But watch.

Fuck.

Coenmcj

It's moreso when it's directed as hostility, And the moderators can only punish what they see really.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Ramsis

Sigh...

So many people speaking for our staffers when in reality this thread was for us, to us directly, by someone who's issue was solved in a haphazard manner by a tired moderator.

Look, Klitri your messages come off as inciteful to the general untrained eye and as such they can easily be claimed as the thoughts and ramblings of a rabblerouser. That being said you're an idiot, but one that I adore. Yep, see, big bad Ramsi the moderator just called you an idiot; better stop the presses everyone that's admin abuse! You're coming in here touting like you're a badass when in reality it's about as uncalled for as a squirrel with a bionic tail... I'm sorry you got warned by our moderator, his heart was in the right place but his action wasn't. He should have talked to you directly like I'm doing now because at the end of the day our titles mean nothing, we're all human, we all do things others call into question all the time.

Here's a fun example of doing things that get called into question. Hi, I'm Ramsi, one of the most active mods on the forums for the most part. Despite me being only a basic moderator almost all of the other moderators try to communicate with me before making any decisions because I'm considered the level headed and dedicated one. I'm no better than anyone else, but I've taken over for the most part as a sort of head moderator. Some would say "oh Ramsi you're such a power hungry douche" or "Ramsi you should be the next super duper admin" but in hindsight I'm nothing more than a person who's dealt with far worse than anything this forum could ever throw at me. <3

Now look, something I try to strive for with this forum is a simple thing I consider human decency. I try to stem most of the inciteful speech if possible because it leads to fights for no reason; I try to make sure the moderators "under me" are clear on how to behave like moderators that can command respect and actually get it so that we don't have incidents like this one sprouting up all the time; I also do my best to personally sit down and chat with anyone who has a serious problem on our forums because, once again, at the end of the day we're all human and I will show you the same amount of respect that I would show Tynan because by birthright you're owed that. Nothing anyone says, does, or exerts will change that fact that you'll always be my equal. Now of course, if you step on that cutesy little balance I try to maintain in the forums I'll snap your friggen' neck because I won't let one bad apple spoil this nice little bunch we've all worked hard to maintain 8D .... you aren't that bad apple though, you were just put in a really bad spot because of a lack of communication.

On behalf of the moderation team working for Tynan and the rest of the Ludeon Development team I must request your acceptance of my apology. I speak for everyone when I say this misunderstanding was unneeded and if I had paid more attention this entire conundrum would have never happened. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience to you and any others who might have been impacted; I'll take this scenario as a means of education for any moderators who may find themselves in a similar predicament.

Now that that bit of mess is out of the way. Klitri, as the current acting moderator let me tell you where you messed up in the first place. Your initial post is considered an attack. You used caps which in internet logic comes off as an excited or charged yell, followed by a very hostile dash of wording which to most people makes you look like a prick. You earned the initial slap upside the head and I'd like to think you're intelligent enough to know that. On the flipside you taunting admins like you're the bee's knees is just silly and could quite easily lead to your ban on most forums... luckily simple baiting is more humorous to me than anything else. I'm asking nicely if you could chill on your posting from this point forward and try to remember that you're dealing with all walks of life on our humble little forum meaning you might of just shouted at some ten year old who had some waivering faith after his hard earned money went to some game on Steam that got abandoned three weeks after he bought it. That happens all the time and to a lot of the younger folk or the foreign folk the mistrust in Tynan is one that is bound to happen. We know he'll come back, but six months of inactivity after years of dedicated activity are hard to explain to some people. Try to remember that.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

RickyMartini

What, really now? Why is it necessary to explain this so extensively?

If someone breaks the Forum rules the mods should act upon it. That's it. No offense taken by anyone.

Ramsis

Quote from: Skissor on January 23, 2016, 12:47:24 PM
What, really now? Why is it necessary to explain this so extensively?

If someone breaks the Forum rules the mods should act upon it. That's it. No offense taken by anyone.

It's the way it was handled that lead to such a break down of explanations. Skissor of all people are you going to tell me I'm in the wrong for explaining everything? :P

Sadly nobody seems to respect diplomacy as a means of solving a problem when it comes to rule breaking; it's not always as simply black and white as "OMG RUEL BRAKUR UR BANNED" sometimes it's far easier to just talk the problem out. It's funny, our monthly ban numbers dropped quite a bit after I started pushing for more diplomacy and less warning/bans just because a rule is broken. Who knows, I may actually be the bad guy in all this but for now it's far more fun to use the pen over the sword.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Klitri

I must thank you Ramsis for the extensive reply.

I'm now willing to confess that I was being, well, a poop, about the situation. I do however continue to support my stance that I am not a troll, but you seem to grasp that yourself.

I accept the apology, but I also submit my own apology. I'm sorry that I expressed my viewpoint in such a negative way. As a moderator myself, I should've known that the way I'd done so was not a productive or appropriate way to do so.

I don't mean to use this as an excuse, but I'm an emotionally charged person. I am prone to saying things and reacting to things ignorantly and without much thought process, and it's not fair to the people affected by this.

I was quite peeved at the response I'd gotten regarding the previous thread, and my inability to respond to the staff personally led to the creation of this thread.

I do realize that my posts have been somewhat hateful, ignorant, and not at all acceptable. I hope not that I'm necessarily forgiven, as I do deserve the warning, but at least to let the water under the bridge and this whole situation pass.

Thank you, I'm sorry for the grief I caused.