Muffalo unable to eat live plants

Started by MLG Samuelle, February 11, 2017, 07:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MLG Samuelle

Playing on a tundra map, and I have a dandelion patch set up for my muffalii. But they keep going into starvation! They were eating live plants earlier in the game, I know because I made the dandelion plot to stop them from eating my daylillies. And they can still eat harvested vegetables, I had to let them into my freezer just to get them to eat. What is wrong with my game? Do muffalos not eat when it's freezing or something?

Ark

Plants need to be at least 65% grown to be harvestable, plant eaters won't touch them before that.
What's their growth%?
A savegame would take out the guesswork. As mentioned in https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=513.0. I am just going to assume that you aren't using mods.

Calahan

@ MLG Samuelle - As Ark says (thanks for the assist), plants need to have grown at least a certain amount before they will be considered a viable food source for animals. So can you please confirm what percentage of growth had occurred in the plants (dandelions) the Muffalo are not eating? Or ideally, post a save file where this issue is occurring (so that it can be investigated further).

I'll leave this open for a few more days for you to reply. But after that it will be closed as a non-bug (on the assumption that the cause of the problem is as Ark pointed out).