Speakers and custom music.

Started by FyrnSkulblaka, March 15, 2016, 02:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FyrnSkulblaka

Ok, so I would like there to be a way to boost the moods of pawns inside a room (Not by much, mind you, to keep things balanced) by playing music through some speakers that you can build. How I'd do it is have a central music playing device (Like a jukebox or a Dj booth or something) and then connect it to the speakers through power cables. I'd also like for the Speakers and the jukebox to need to be powered as well, just for realism.
This is where the cool part comes in: Having a "Custom music" file where you can place whatever music you want in there and then play it from the jukebox's menu. That way you can put on the perfect song whilst your colony is burning. I'd also like a way to turn off the custom music's sound just so you can get that mood boost for your colonists without having to listen to anything.

Pactrick Willis

I'd Second this. I would also like to see a system where pawns would "Compose" (Same as the art skill) and play there music on a instrument. You could commission different works from the composer(s) using the bill system. Eg "Compose Classical piano piece" Or "Compose song for guitar". You would of course have to own an instrument, With some basic ones like the harpsichord and the string family being craft able (At a high cost).

Mikhail Reign

I'd craft a guitar outa wood. Would be cool if a colonist could equip it like a weapon and give them, and a AOE mood buff every now and again during joy time. And the obvious El Kabong resulting battles.

Pactrick Willis

Quote from: Mikhail Reign on March 16, 2016, 12:04:58 AM
I'd craft a guitar outa wood. Would be cool if a colonist could equip it like a weapon and give them, and a AOE mood buff every now and again during joy time.
Yeah. Would also be cool if you could here it. Not the singing mind you, just the guitar. A bit like the billiards sound affect.
QuoteAnd the obvious El Kabong resulting battles.
Raiders beating my colonists to death with a guitar. I can Already see it.

cameron908

Quote from: Pactrick Willis on March 16, 2016, 12:29:08 AM
Quote from: Mikhail Reign on March 16, 2016, 12:04:58 AM
I'd craft a guitar outa wood. Would be cool if a colonist could equip it like a weapon and give them, and a AOE mood buff every now and again during joy time.
Yeah. Would also be cool if you could here it. Not the singing mind you, just the guitar. A bit like the billiards sound affect.
QuoteAnd the obvious El Kabong resulting battles.
Raiders beating my colonists to death with a guitar. I can Already see it.
I think it would be funny as hell to charge into battle mad max style with a pawn blasting a guitar solo