Im using torches in my hay barn to avoid fires

Started by jayman1000, November 06, 2018, 04:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoshida Keiji

Indeed, more than its flammability, the quantity is much more concerning. These days you can't even build sandbags on temporary maps like caravan events. I really don't understand Tynan's mind:

First of all: why are sandbags made of steel? Specially with all the furs laying eternally on my main storage with no use whatsoever.

Secondly: why can't we mine them anymore outside, in world quest incidents? How many of you players used to mine steel and build a mini base when raiding enemy outposts?

Thirdly: considering the cost bumps on literary everything, why is there always so little to mine out in the colony map?

5thHorseman

Quote from: Yoshida Keiji on November 09, 2018, 11:36:59 PM
First of all: why are sandbags made of steel? Specially with all the furs laying eternally on my main storage with no use whatsoever.
This drives me nuts too. Feels like a placeholder that never got revisited. My only thought is that it represents the tools used to construct them but a) that makes no sense when they don't get used up constructing anything else and b) that makes no sense because why are you breaking so many tools bagging sand and c) why do you get the steel back when deconstructing?

Secondly: why can't we mine them anymore outside, in world quest incidents? How many of you players used to mine steel and build a mini base when raiding enemy outposts?
You can't mine them on temporary maps for the same reason you can't mine them on your map: They're not a mineable resource. You can however claim them and deconstruct them. You can claim anything on the map after you've won, including turrets which can be an early game boon, and carry them with you. You can also claim the door on a building so you don't have to blow a hole in the wall to see what's inside.

Thirdly: considering the cost bumps on literary everything, why is there always so little to mine out in the colony map?
No opinion on this. Other than late game plasteel I think resource amounts are pretty well balanced, actually. But I tend to not get all that extravagant with my construction.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

dearmad

Guys, there's not even a need for a chimney, so....

Ogre

Quote from: dearmad on November 11, 2018, 01:37:49 PM
Guys, there's not even a need for a chimney, so....
Chimneys are included in the generic roof. :P