Automatic stripping before/druing cremation

Started by ZephyrSly, October 23, 2014, 06:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZephyrSly

This is actually a very small problem until late game, when you begin to battle raider hordes:

In my colony, I've had to make mass graves for the upwards-of-twenty raiders and tribesmen who died in their numerous attempts at killing my colonists, and I now have a mass grave where I also incinerate the bodies - but I'm increasingly finding that I need to manually strip the bodies one by on to get their clothes and armour.

My suggestion here is this:
Is there anyway that this can be done through the cremation bills, or be part of the cremation proccess?
I know this is a very little niggly thing, but I thought I'd mention it - also, sorry if this has cropped up, I had a wee look and didn't see it anywhere, same thing if there is already a solution to this.

Thanks,
Zeph

SHOOGER, LOTS OF SHOOGER. AND BLUE MALK.

BetaSpectre

Honestly this makes sense to me. Why would you toss in an entire body into the cremator? What happens if they had a grenade on and the cremator goes BOOM?(Doesn't actually happen BTW)
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

ZephyrSly

QuoteWhat happens if they had a grenade on and the cremator goes BOOM?

Hahaha, I should make that a suggestion!

Timber

It feels like 1 line of code somewhere in the behaviour of the incinerator would do it.
I ask not for a lighter burden but for broader shoulders. -Atlas

ZephyrSly

Quote from: Timber on October 23, 2014, 07:46:34 PM
It feels like 1 line of code somewhere in the behaviour of the incinerator would do it.

Hmmm, thats an interesting point... I think I might repost this into the cheapest suggestions topic

Matthiasagreen

I am not a modder, but I would love a modder to explain to me in the simplest of terms if and why the following logic wouldn't work:

If the code for "strip corpse" has specific instructions as to what that means (how to do it), and the job "cremate corpse" has specific instructions on how to do that job, couldn't you grab the definition of what "strip corpse" does and include it in the definition of "cremate corpse" before the current instructions?
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

ZephyrSly

Quote from: Matthiasagreen on October 24, 2014, 10:11:34 AM...
I'd imagine so, although my modding experiance is very limited, so I wouldn't really know...

Sir

I agree, this would be wonderful, I consistently have to micro-manage the stripping of each body before it is cremated.
Check out my Suggestions!
Pt. 1 & Pt. 2

Ruin

Yeah, this would be a nice feature.  Managing the stripping of corpses is a PITA.

windruf

Quote from: Matthiasagreen on October 24, 2014, 10:11:34 AM
I am not a modder, but I would love a modder to explain to me in the simplest of terms if and why the following logic wouldn't work:

If the code for "strip corpse" has specific instructions as to what that means (how to do it), and the job "cremate corpse" has specific instructions on how to do that job, couldn't you grab the definition of what "strip corpse" does and include it in the definition of "cremate corpse" before the current instructions?

if (stripBeforeBurning &&  !body.gearList.isEmpty())
{
   body.strip();
}
body.burn();

3 lines

one problem: enemies wear useless junk most of the time. so maybe there should be a "wishlist"

if(stripBeforeBurning && body.gearList.contains(stripWishList))
{
   body.strip();
}
body.burn();

Noobshock

QuoteAutomatic stripping before/druing cremation

+1 yes please, I don't want to burn items I can sell/deconstruct/whatever

Timber

Quote from: windruf on October 26, 2014, 09:45:38 AM
Quote from: Matthiasagreen on October 24, 2014, 10:11:34 AM

if (stripBeforeBurning &&  !body.gearList.isEmpty())
{
   body.strip();
}
body.burn();

3 lines

one problem: enemies wear useless junk most of the time. so maybe there should be a "wishlist"

if(stripBeforeBurning && body.gearList.contains(stripWishList))
{
   body.strip();
}
body.burn();

Is this pseudo code or the actual code?
I ask not for a lighter burden but for broader shoulders. -Atlas

Wex

That would be a fine option even for the butcher. You know, prisoners don't need animal meat.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Minus

I've lost some power armour thanks to not paying attetion to two corpses. Auto-stripping would be great!

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance

RawCode

Checkboxes for crematorium\butcher\graves\other objects that handle bodies like "remove items made from X" and (or) "remove items of type X" will fix issue completely.

Such options with logical controller "and\or" will allow player to automate production related to dead bodies.

Player will have option set "remove items of type Dusted or items made from devilstrand or both conditions at once"

Gnomoria have such filters, they very slow to set due to large amount of available items and materials, but allow to set production line once and forget about it forever.