Tanks: The one thing i can't find.

Started by Dspendragon, February 13, 2016, 11:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dspendragon

Tanks are one favorite things to see in games, I mean its a massive tool of war that never fails to amaze me. yet its not in rimworld ? So let's count the pros and cons of have a tanks on the battlefield. 
This is Rimworld people, Where cannibals ware pink helmets and nudest decide to go outside when its -59F, And where shit happens. Its anything but fare or balanced, Lady Luck rolls a 1000-sided dice and 80% of that dice says"Death"on it. Your job is keeping your people alive in bad rolls. Good Luck.

Jaxxa

Pro: Would be Cool and effective.
Con: Not really supported in the engine and hard to mod in well.

Dspendragon

yeah, its just a great idea in theory, but in reality its a pain. but hope is needed , hope that their is someone that isn't a dumy ( because I am dumy at modding ) and is good a modding will come and do it, heck, I would give them a kitten if they did,.     
This is Rimworld people, Where cannibals ware pink helmets and nudest decide to go outside when its -59F, And where shit happens. Its anything but fare or balanced, Lady Luck rolls a 1000-sided dice and 80% of that dice says"Death"on it. Your job is keeping your people alive in bad rolls. Good Luck.

Toggle

A kitten? Better call fluffy.

But honestly, I doubt a modder would mod in a tank. The tank itself wouldn't be entirely difficult, it's the mounting system, building it, pathfinding, how it works and such.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

lude

There is a Mod that adds Tanks as a unit (with drivers that emerge or die) as well as a faction it belongs to, something with mechanoids or troopers, I dunno, they work neatly

there's also a mod that adds driveable carts but it will break your pathfinding most likely. But if anyone wants to look into that one it's "Tool for the Haul"

[link]https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10587.msg119046#msg119046[/link]
is mecha tanks for the pirate faction, but for a 10