[A15] Alpha Animals

Started by skullywag, October 02, 2016, 04:59:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DepOpt

I had given up hope of ever seeing this when my internet connection went down. And went it returned, lo, there was a release for a long anticipated mod waiting in the forums. Praise be to Skully.
Ignore this notice

kaptain_kavern

!OMAGAwD!

Just a funny pic for bumping this thread because I love the mod and because Skullywag should have already finished it  ::)  ;D  8)

Edit : I just realized now that the pawn is Taster ^^

skullywag

All new animals are in just messing with the defs. Next release soon.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

kaptain_kavern

Feel you bro, been there ;-)

I was just in the mood for joking and this happened on my test play and wasn't connected to either Slack or Discord ... So ... ;D

DepOpt

What do you need to change to stop the manhunter packs being nothing but Arctic Lions? Like, Idiots Guide to Editing level what do I need to change? Also little nudge to update the release version on github to have that fixed.
Ignore this notice

kaptain_kavern

This github page show the file where the manhunter incident is define : https://github.com/Skullywag/AlphaAnimals/blob/master/Defs/IncidentDefs/Incidents_AlphaPredators.xml

It is located in Defs/IncidentDefs/ folder in the mod folder. You open the only one file in it with any text editor. And then you just have to erase the "<!--" and "-->" characters. Just before <li>Barbslinger</li> and just after <li>TerramorphWorm</li>.

Assuming all the listed animals are already in the mod then it should work. But note that Skully may have done this on purpose and not just forget to uncomment  a bit of code. Only him could tell as I haven't play enough with this mod to be sure

DepOpt

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on November 04, 2016, 05:02:57 AM
This github page show the file where the manhunter incident is define : https://github.com/Skullywag/AlphaAnimals/blob/master/Defs/IncidentDefs/Incidents_AlphaPredators.xml

It is located in Defs/IncidentDefs/ folder in the mod folder. You open the only one file in it with any text editor. And then you just have to erase the "<!--" and "-->" characters. Just before <li>Barbslinger</li> and just after <li>TerramorphWorm</li>.

Assuming all the listed animals are already in the mod then it should work. But note that Skully may have done this on purpose and not just forget to uncomment  a bit of code. Only him could tell as I haven't play enough with this mod to be sure
Thank you very much. Slowly getting more confident with the Def file fiddling, but still don't want to mess things up. Also, you wouldn't happen to know if this overwrites the vanilla manhunter pack possibilities, would you? I'd kinda of miss the hordes of rampaging elephants, always a boon when you rescue the survivors...
Ignore this notice

kaptain_kavern

As the <defName> is exactly the same as in vanilla code for it, YES , this should overwrites vanilla one.

This is guessing :
I really think all you have to do is change the <defName> in the mod's file we were previously talking about and switch <defName>ManhunterPack</defName> to <defName>ModdedManhunterPack</defName> or anything. As long as it's not the exact same name it shouldn't overrides Vanilla one

skullywag

Yeah that was for debug purposes...its removed in the next version.

Tammabanana

Quote from: DepOpt on November 04, 2016, 05:13:33 AM
Also, you wouldn't happen to know if this overwrites the vanilla manhunter pack possibilities, would you? I'd kinda of miss the hordes of rampaging elephants, always a boon when you rescue the survivors...

Oh, hunh. I've been enjoying the Mad Rabbits of Caerbannog mod - it looks like that's using the same defname, too. I think I'll give the defname edit a try.
Tam's tiny mods: forum thread: Kitchen Counters and other shelving *** Smoked meat *** Travel rations: MREs *** Pygmy Muffalo

DepOpt

Another point; Arctic Lion wool is implemented in game as a textile already (like muffalo etc.), but the lions themselves when tamed don't seem to have the 'grow wool' behaviour (UNlike muffalo etc.). No idea as to what that means code wise, and probably this is something to be added in later releases, just thought I'd bring it up. My new pets are however wonderful attack animals...

Edit: Interesting graphical bug; When zoomed out a long way (approx 50% of the way out), Barbslingers' icons disappear. The icons themselves also seem rather small.
Ignore this notice

The13thRonin

Is there an Alpha 14 version?

skullywag

Nope A14 had a rather large bug in it regarding adding animls plants and diseases to biomes.

kebab4you

IIRC this is without CCL so does that mean that it's compatible with A16 or do we need to wait for a patch until we can use this in the new alpha?

Old Marm

Yes, please, Skullywag, bring your wonderful alpha animals to version 16!