[A15] Alpha Animals

Started by skullywag, October 02, 2016, 04:59:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Marm

Thank you, Skullywag!  I did edit the xml very carefully, and the error messages are gone.  Thanks for your continued work in the game.

Stormfox

Quote from: Tammabanana on January 27, 2017, 06:42:57 AM
A16 changed something related to timing - ticks became tocks or something, I can't remember the exact words. It affects animals.

Yeah, noticed this too over the last day or so. The desert animals are a bit OP right now ;-)

I guess I will have to make a "find and change" sweep for that variable name.

As a heads up for anyone wanting to do something similar: Use Notepad++, open all the creature xmls in \def\thingsdef at once and use its wonderful replace in all documents feature to change "defaultCooldownTicks" to "defaultCooldownTime". Takes about as long as the download of notepad++ might take plus 20 seconds.

Mst

This mod looks amazing! Will I be able to add it to my existing save?

WereCat88

God damn i just can't wait for this mod to be ready for A16.
I am The Primal Mammelon

Stormfox

Quote from: WereCat88 on February 01, 2017, 12:30:22 PM

If you really want it so much, we just told everyone which one or two minutes of extra work you would have to do to make it function. If there was anything unclear about that, let me know and I will try to rephrase.

WereCat88

Quote from: Stormfox on February 01, 2017, 03:30:48 PM

If you really want it so much, we just told everyone which one or two minutes of extra work you would have to do to make it function. If there was anything unclear about that, let me know and I will try to rephrase.

Wow i didn't actually realize that was the way to make it work with A16, thanks.
I am The Primal Mammelon

Mst

Quote from: Stormfox on February 01, 2017, 03:30:48 PM

Did what you told but it did not work for me. I'm not in a rush so I'll just wait for an update.
I hope it is save game compatible, is it? You haven't answered me last time. Sorry if it is a dumb question, I am not much expirienced in modding rimworld.

WereCat88

Should warmupTicks also be changed to warmupTime because there is an error log about them.

I changed it and the error log is gone.

Also does changing it also change the value, like 100 ticks is the same as 100 time?
I am The Primal Mammelon

skullywag

The value does change, time is seconds not ticks, 60 ticks a second. So adjust accordingly.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Stormfox

Step by step repair-a15-animals-to-use-in-a16-solution:

1) Download and unpack the mod like all the others.
2) If needed, download NotePad++ and put it whereever (You an easily choose the zip package and just drop the contents somewhere on c:\programs, for example, and manually start the exe for this one time you need it if you are unsure what to do with it).

3) Open all the "races_######.xmls", all inside the alpha animals mod under \mods\alphaanimals\defs\thingdefs either by opening them via menu from within NotePad++ or if you registered the xml filetype to Notepad++, by simply opening them one by one from your file system.

4) When all your race documents are opened within NotePad++ at the same time (there should be a bunch of tabs with their names on them in that program now), open the "find and replace" dialogue via menu or ctrl-f. Swap this to the replace tab.

5) Put "defaultCooldownTicks" into what to find and  "defaultCooldownTime" into what to replace, with this exact spelling, minus the quotation marks of course. Press the shiny "replace in all opened documents" button.

Done. You will get a short message telling you how many instances it changed, and from now on, the 0-cooldown-killeranimals should be a thing of the past. Since everything else besides the version number works perfectly fine, just load it. It will show up red in the mod manager, but that is not important.

skullywag

You can fix the red by upping the version in the about.xml to 0.16.0, dont forget the above time does not equal ticks, youll be slowing your animals down considerably if you dont adjust the figures.

WereCat88

Modified the version the first time i changed defaultCooldownTicks to defaultCooldownTime.

Also do projectiles not work because you didn't say to also change defaultWarmupTicks which gave an error on my log.

Either way everything is done, the error log is clean.
I am The Primal Mammelon

skullywag

All ticks are now time across the codebase I believe (in xml terms anyway)

WereCat88

Here's the ''Corrected'' file: Dropbox

There are some yellow errors about animal sounds but they don't seem to affect them.
I am The Primal Mammelon

FreyaMaluk

Quote from: WereCat88 on February 02, 2017, 01:20:49 PM
Here's the ''Corrected'' file: Dropbox

There are some yellow errors about animal sounds but they don't seem to affect them.

I'm getting this error, actually many errors like this for all the races...

Config error in Pawn_ArcticLion_Call: Sounds with non-on-camera subsounds should use MapOnly context.
Verse.Log:Warning(String)
Verse.DefDatabase`1:ErrorCheckAllDefs()
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[])
Verse.GenGeneric:InvokeStaticMethodOnGenericType(Type, Type, String)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__735()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__733()

and it seems to affect the mod Grenades Fix Rearmed

Exception from long event: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at GrenadeFixRearmed.GrenadeFixRearmed.InjectDefs () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LongEventHandler.UpdateCurrentSynchronousEvent (System.Boolean& sceneChanged) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentSynchronousEvent(Boolean&)
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update()
Verse.Root_Entry:Update()

any ideas on how to fix that??