If the game won't start properly

Started by Tynan, July 16, 2014, 04:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lordvadersky

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but,

Ever since I downloaded the newest alpha, I am unable to load saves. I create a new world, then a colony, then after I play for a while, I save it. Then when I go to play RimWorld again, I am unable to load my save and the game becomes unresponsive and I am forced to close it.
I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it and I have even re-downloaded the files and it still doesn't work.
Is there a way to fix this?

Any help is appreciated.

TheGingy

Hello,

Recently got the game and it was working just fine up until today. Comes up stating that it's crashing today. Tried downloading and reinstalling in a different folder and still no luck. Tried deleting config files to reset and also no luck. Any advice?

[attachment deleted due to age]

TheGingy

Actually I found my problem. Did some driver updates and Microsoft wasn't accepting the digital signature driver for my graphics card. Disabled the check and now it works  :)

Anco

Whenever i try to start the game, i get the black screen cursor bug, i've tried deleting the config.xml but it has no effect

Baguette

I know my games modded and nobody can really help with this, But I made a new save yesterday and it worked fine no matter how many times i loaded it up. Now whenever i load it up it's just the sound of rain and a black screen.
R.I.P all my saves that got permanently corrupted by mods
2015-2015

makaveli024

i have the same problem as Anco, please help :(

want_some

Quote from: Baguette on January 18, 2015, 06:57:36 AM
I know my games modded and nobody can really help with this, But I made a new save yesterday and it worked fine no matter how many times i loaded it up. Now whenever i load it up it's just the sound of rain and a black screen.

Sounds like you need to reload your mods. If you added new mods, you should remove them as they might require you to start a new world and.or colony for them to work.

Learning to mod while also updating TTM Mod!
Full credit goes to Minami26

stefanstr

Since Tynan locked my thread and asked to post here:
I only get a black screen when trying to open Alpha 9 on my MacBookPro Retina. Alpha 8 works fine.
Clearing caches didn’t help, permissions are fine.

Tynan

Quote from: stefanstr on February 20, 2015, 02:24:32 AM
I only get a black screen when trying to open Alpha 9 on my MacBookPro Retina. Alpha 8 works fine.
Clearing caches didn�t help, permissions are fine.

Please delete all the game files and then reinstall the game to a clean empty folder.

If that doesn't work, please post the log file here; I'll take a look at it.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

stefanstr

Quote from: Tynan on February 20, 2015, 04:08:20 AM

Please delete all the game files and then reinstall the game to a clean empty folder.

Sure.  I have done this but I cannot find any logs. Where should they appear? An empty folder gets generated in ~/Library/Application Support/unity.Ludeon Studios.Rimworld There is no trace of a RimWorld folder in ~/Library/Caches...

Mangus

Game worked fine until the new set-up.  Followed all instructions and deleted old version to install new one....nothing...blackscreen.. I've triedthis a few times to the point of only two downloads left, which I don't want to lose.  Don't know what to do next?   Any advice.

Mangus

P.S.
Discovered my problem.  It's the epykx (?) pack.  Doesn't work on Alpha 9.  Unfortunately, I have but a single download left.   :(

stefanstr

Quote from: stefanstr on February 20, 2015, 06:09:46 AM
Quote from: Tynan on February 20, 2015, 04:08:20 AM

Sure.  I have done this but I cannot find any logs. Where should they appear? An empty folder gets generated in ~/Library/Application Support/unity.Ludeon Studios.Rimworld There is no trace of a RimWorld folder in ~/Library/Caches...

I downloaded the hotfix version and the game runs now. I think it was affected by the language bug somehow: although I’ve always played in English, Alpha 9 has opened in Polish, which is my system language. I wonder why it didn’t pick up the language setting from Alpha 8.

Tynan

Quote from: stefanstr on February 20, 2015, 06:35:02 PM
I downloaded the hotfix version and the game runs now. I think it was affected by the language bug somehow: although I�ve always played in English, Alpha 9 has opened in Polish, which is my system language. I wonder why it didn�t pick up the language setting from Alpha 8.

Very glad to hear it works now!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Coenmcj

I've noticed that VPN's have been a bit of a problem for a while, but am unsure if it really fits here, as sometimes it stops the game from running and othertimes it causes other problems.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite