[A16] Starcraft Mod

Started by Superteej1996, April 02, 2017, 07:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superteej1996

So I've been developing my very first mod for Rimworld and in my opinion it's been going very well. Have already added lots of weapons from the Starcraft universe with really good results. Have already added specific backstories like Mar Sara colonist and Escaped Convict(Like most of the marines in the Starcraft lore). Even added some of the power armor from the marines with lots more to come.

Future Features Include:
MORE armor and weapons: The firebat and marauder armor sets. The perdition flamethrower and the grenade launcher. Also plan to add some Protoss civilian attire for tribal stages when the armor sets are really expensive. The numerous armor sets of the Protoss armada including but not limited to; Zealot, High Templar, Adept, Artanis' armor, etc.

Specific Workbenches: An early game protoss workbench and research station. A late game Terran work bench and Protoss workbench. Numerous research projects including the Stimpacks and all of the mod's features.

THE PROTOSS RACE. Right now I'm struggling a bit to add the Protoss conclaves but with some help I am making progress. I plan to have a tribal stage and an almost spacer type stage.

THE ZERG SWARM. The Zerg will be a non-player animal that are spawned in an event whereby you will start getting either Zerg hives or some sort of thing like a Queen which will progressively get more and more difficult to exterminate the longer they are left unchecked.

More Structures: I'm looking to add the Pylon as a source of power without having to rely on far away steam geysers. Also plan to add some Terran turrets like the Auto-Turret, Missile Turret and Perdition Turret (Who knows, maybe even the Protoss Photon Cannon will make an appearance).

I'm very open to any other ideas anyone else might have. But that's a lot of the work I have planned already. Progress is going very well and will probably be able to release a basic mod quite soon.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Dragoon

I can't wait, to see how this grows.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Superteej1996

Well just to update you. I have added the Zerg race now (The Zerglings and Hydralisk are a little OP right now but yeah. Still a lot of balancing and stuff to be done.) Just been working long and hard to try get the Protoss faction and race. Even got onto the Discord forums for help. But yeah. I expect to be able to release a really REALLY basic mod with some apparrel, a lot of weapons and the Zerg which will begin raiding your colonists at day 25 so you have minimal time to prepare. If people want it changed I will gladly oblige. ;) I live for the swarm

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Source

Yay, i like it, still working hard, im making a mod like that too, the Zerg Race must be fucking terrible and dangerous, this time i hope the raiders get okey Hahaha.

Superteej1996

I'm struggling quite a bit to add the Protoss but yeah. Every time I open the game I get fewer error messages and then when I think I've solved it then I suddenly get a whole new group of errors. But yeah. Will probably do a release without the Protoss and then work on it and just release it as an update.

Dragoon

Sorry, it took me so long to get back to you. So far it seems mostly balanced. If I may here are a few slight changes I would make.

c14 guass rifle
I would lower the dmg on the from 15 to 10, and increase the warmup from .3 to .5

c10 sniper rifle--can you make it a bit bigger.
increase the warmup from .3 to 1 or .8 and it would be fine.

HEV rifel
increase the warmupfrom .8 to 1.10

glaive cannon
increase the range to 28 and warmup to .7

Psi-blade
Reduce the dmg from 25 to 20--- Also can you flip the icon upside down, and reduce the size? So that when they carry it the blade is pointed downwards and not upwards. And if you reduce the size, it will look better.

Great work on the mod so far!
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Superteej1996

Thanks a lot for the comments Dragoon. Will definitely take a look at that. Since that copy I sent you I've already added the autoturret, widow mine and photon cannon. So the progress is going really well  :)

Superteej1996

So just another update.

Have now added the ultralisk  (trust me when I say you don't want to fight one of these guys) The auto turret and photon cannon designs have been completed even allowing the auto turret to be made of different materials like the improvised turret in the vanilla game. Added individual research categories for the turrets and protoss weapons. So will probably release within a week or two.

Dragoon

Can't wait for the release.

Superteej1996

Newest update. Have completed both the simple and advanced Protoss research benches. Added a specialized crafting bench for all Protoss weapons. Added 2 new apparel items for the Terrans. These coming weeks I will be working on the new work bench for the Terran weapons and armor sets, a Protoss apparel bench, new Protoss apparel, more Zerg species (I've already got 3: Zergling, Hydralisk and Ultralisk, a Protoss conclave beginning story so you can start with a Protoss faction, I am working on creating a custom material called Vanadium that the Terran's use to craft their weapons and armor so it will be more difficult to obtain the advanced weapons which are a bit more powerful to cope with the very dangerous Zerg. I have also decided that the Tal'Darim weapons that are used by the dark templar and such will be reseached separately almost like another research tree, I also plan to create craftable shields of different strengths so you can upgrade them to increase the survival rates of your colonists since I always lose at least one colonist per violent encounter with more than 5 spacer humans (when I have about 3 or 4 of my guys armed with shields and psionic blades) . I will be adding a lot more but that's just some basics I plan to add in the mean time. I also just want people to note that I'm making all damage defs and statistics according the cinematic universe since in my opinion it's a bit unrealistic that an ultralisk would take 2 hits to kill and marine. ::) ::) ::)

Source

Hey dude, if you need help with the textures and some codes, you  can contact me, specially with workbenches and weapons textures, obviously, on Discord.

Dragoon

So are you gonna post the download for us?

Superteej1996

Hey Source. The weapons and workbenches parts I have gotten quite good at. If you know about race creation THAT would be helpful beyond measure.

And Dragoon I'm almost ready to release version 1. Just want to make sure the stuff I have now is all 100% so I don't have to rework on old stuff after release and can focus on adding more stuff.

Superteej1996

So I will be releasing my first version of the mod before Wednesday next week at the latest. I'm just in the process of finalizing some of the textures and will be ready to release.

trollface939