Medical Care Prioritized before Sleeping

Started by Didact04, October 09, 2015, 06:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Didact04

The latest raid just passed. There's people who are pretty messed up. The colony population isn't especially high so these things matter a lot more. Fortunately your existing colonists understand the dire situation and...just...what? What are you doing? No get- get up! Wake up! Go treat (colonist) like, now dude! She's missing a leg and bleeding out! What is wrong with you? Y- hey, why are you sleeping?! We've got infections setting in! Are you daft!?

You can micro-manage it through but you really shouldn't have to. One of your colonist brethren's health should come before your own need to sleep. If they die, there's a very good chance that someone else might in the very near future.

REMworlder

It's a bit of a tricky situation, because medical care can take some time. It's especially time intensive if no medicine is available or the doctor is low level. Then, with medical care prioritized, your doctor has a psychotic break from the lack of sleep and starts splitting skulls.

The easiest workaround you can use is the time scheduling. Break the doctor's schedule into chunks so he works in several shifts throughout the day, so he's constantly available. Worst case scenario, just manually set the schedule to work 24/7 and your doctor will throw his time at the patients til he collapses from exhaustion.

I'll add this is one reason why I rarely use my doctor in fights. As long as he's rested and ready to go, he can get the rest of the colonists recovered much more quickly. Not to mention getting your surgeon's arm or eye blown off is a big hit to the quality of care he can deliver.

cultist

Quote from: REMworlder on October 09, 2015, 10:28:13 PM
I'll add this is one reason why I rarely use my doctor in fights. As long as he's rested and ready to go, he can get the rest of the colonists recovered much more quickly. Not to mention getting your surgeon's arm or eye blown off is a big hit to the quality of care he can deliver.

This. You should always try to keep one doctor out of fights if possible. Fights tend to mean lack of sleep and bad mood, and a doctor with lack of sleep and in a bad mood not only works slower, but may break at a critical time.

FridayBiology

or remove a something (arm/leg/organ) while trying to band aid a minor cut to a finger :P
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

Wex

If your surgeon HAS to fight, better have him/her equipped with a long range weapon. Have him stay as far as possible from the frontline.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison