[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orion

This mod overrides the stats dialog. So the refugee stats mod is going to conflict.

Orion

Hotfix
For those who have already updated - there is a hotfix now.
- Fix: Visitors getting sent away "randomly"

Orion

Update
1.16e - 15.01.2017
- Fix: DrugPolicy error with Catnip
- Fix: When a visitor group fails to spawn, they will try again later
- Fix: When recruiting a guest, his area will be set to unrestricted
- Fix: Visitors stopped trading when they arrive
- New: Per guest setting if they may buy anything

gendalf

Will the guests buy the items like traders? considering the worn by a dead man, selling multiplier and other factors?

Fafn1r

Thanks for the trading fix. It was annoying when starting a colony without any guns and medicine.

Orion

@gendalf: Yes, they use roughly the prices of traders (a little more)

admacjones

A couple questions. When I get the message that a colonist noticed I need help and wants to join "for a while" what does that mean? Will they eventually leave? Based on what factors? Also, I have only had one guest, at the very beginning, he went berserk because I didn't have a bed and I killed him. Since then I haven't gotten any guests and it has been about a year and a half. I abandoned the settlement that he had shown up on, am I ever going to get more guests?

Orion

Good questions. The colonist will probably not leave. Although I should maybe add that... with the factor... random ;)

You only get guests if you actually have any factions that like you. RimWorld doesn't send you guests very often. Hospitality does, but only after they leave satisfied.

BlackGyver

I have a peculiar bug report to make: any fertilized animal eggs the guests leave as presents after a good stay will *NOT* hatch tamed. A pawn of mine made that discovery when the 67 cobras turned manhunter in the kitchen after a dog went to hunt one of them.

Komyets

Hey Orion, you should totally apply Hospitality to this, take a look bro!
Want to see YOUR mod in RimWorld?

Orion

@BlackGyver: With me they do. I'll check again some time, though, just to be sure.
@Komyets: Check the requirements closely.

deathstar

Quick question regarding the recent addition "Guests will now need an area in which they can stay" - I understood this like that if you do not have a guest room, guests will not try to stay. This doesn't seem to be right, thought, as I'm frequently getting visitors without any guest setup, who get very upset when they realise they're sleeping outside, on the ground, in the rain...

Orion

That is correct, you misunderstood. What it means is that you have to assign an area to them where they will stay.

AzharNoordin

Can you make that your colonist only need to talk to the visitors like once or twice only? my pawns just keep doing it like alot....

Canute

When your friends comes to visit you, do you just talk to then once or the whole visit with them ?