[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Orion on February 21, 2018, 05:38:21 AM
I don't think it's so easy to draw the line between "dumb people" and "non dumb people", but I get what you're saying.
I'm guilty of not having much faith in my fellow humans' brain department. I think my bias comes more from I hate when I feel like people are speaking about something that they have no business doing so (again from my own opinion, I understand this). I don't claim to be a genius or smarter than everyone else, but I'll keep my mouth shut if I know that I don't know what I am talking about, or I will at least preface what I'm saying with a notice that my knowledge is incomplete.

I do like the idea of having some sort of safety toggle. Maybe I can use that.
Aw yiss! :D You can even have it buried very deep in the mod options or whatever you need to be comfortable with it. You could even require God Mode to be on to enable this option.

With the mod Prepare Landing, if anyone is familiar with it, it has some very extensive and awesome filtering tools for the world map. However, and I did not know this when I was using it until someone told me, you can actually edit the world cells with the mod. So last night, when I was having so much trouble deciding where to start a game, I ended up making a mountainous arid shrubland in the middle of a regular desert, with 30/60 growing days. Anyway, to enable the world cell editing, you have to have God Mode enabled. You could have a mountainous jungle swap in the middle of an icesheet surrounded by whatever else you wanted, with the right rock types, too.

Success with your application (?)!
I think things actually went very well, thank you for asking! They called me back, I have second interview this Friday! ;D

Orion

I've been toiling away at a lot of fixes. I hope it was worth the wait.

Update
1.18g - 23.02.2017
- New: Option to disable crafting or artistic work for guests (set by default)
- New: Visitors will now ask before arriving when there are no guest beds
- New: Translation keys for mod options
- New: Added option to disable option limits
- New: Guests will stay longer when manhunters or berserking pawns are present
- Tweak: Guests will not leave because of a wounded guest
- Fix: Clarified that sending away guests immediately won't affect relations
- Fix: Prevented error when generating map
- Fix: Visitors are now not aware of undiscovered insects or mechanoids
- Fix: Guests will not come to bases without any colonists
- Fix: Changed wanderer text to be less confusing
- Fix: Diplomats won't interrupt working guests
- Fix: Guests didn't recruit prisoners to the player's faction

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Orion on February 23, 2018, 09:31:09 AM
I've been toiling away at a lot of fixes. I hope it was worth the wait.
I think this is definitely worth the wait for whatever you give us. It's all on your own good will, how could beggars be choosers? :)

Quote from: Orion on February 23, 2018, 09:31:09 AM
- New: Option to disable crafting or artistic work for guests (set by default)
- New: Visitors will now ask before arriving when there are no guest beds
- New: Translation keys for mod options
- New: Added option to disable option limits
- New: Guests will stay longer when manhunters or berserking pawns are present
- Tweak: Guests will not leave because of a wounded guest
- Fix: Clarified that sending away guests immediately won't affect relations
- Fix: Prevented error when generating map
- Fix: Visitors are now not aware of undiscovered insects or mechanoids
- Fix: Guests will not come to bases without any colonists
- Fix: Changed wanderer text to be less confusing
- Fix: Diplomats won't interrupt working guests
- Fix: Guests didn't recruit prisoners to the player's faction
This looks absolutely fantastic! And Orion... thank you :) "New: Added option to disable option limits"

Ruisuki

Downloading the update and overwriting the older version is the way to do it right? Dont have to uninstall the older download?

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Ruisuki on February 23, 2018, 06:40:35 PM
Downloading the update and overwriting the older version is the way to do it right? Dont have to uninstall the older download?

I don't think that's ever the right way to do it. I am not the mod author but I recommend always deleting the old folder and installing the new one. If the mod author has changed around the files and maybe combined some defs into others, then this means if you are only overwriting you stand the chance to have older files hanging around which can screw everything up.

Until I've seen someone post a good reason why I should overwrite when updating a mod I will continue to use this practice.

Ruisuki

Canute

Deleting the old is allways a good idea, prevent you a bit more to have troubles.
When the folder name of the mod change because of a version number, it might be a good idea to rename it to the old one.
Because Rimworld think it is a different mod because of the folder name and you need to reactivate the mod again.

Orion

Yeah first delete the old one, then put the new one in the folder.
Overwriting will almost definitely mess things up.

Kori

Ruisuki

Quote from: Orion on February 24, 2018, 03:10:07 AM
Does it matter whether you deactivate it from the mod menu first or can I just delete the old folder first without worry?

Kori

Quote from: Ruisuki on February 24, 2018, 07:00:36 PM
Does it matter whether you deactivate it from the mod menu first or can I just delete the old folder first without worry?

You can just delete it.

Canute

Quote from: Ruisuki on February 24, 2018, 07:00:36 PM
Quote from: Orion on February 24, 2018, 03:10:07 AM
When rimworld don't find the modfolder on startup anymore it deactivate the mod anyway.
So you never need to deactivate a mod before you delete the folder.
Many modder add the version to their folder name too.
In this case i don't delete the top folder, i just delete anything inside (About,....) and copy them from the zip into it.
Add this way you don't need to reactivate the mod at Rimworld and skip the annoying Rimworld restart after the modlist change.

rovingthief

Hello, How do I make the visitors go in the specific place? They always hangs on my kitchen area.

Harry_Dicks

You guys have no idea how much time I have saved myself by having these shortcuts on my desktop, speaking of having to go in and delete older versions. Probably a good few hours at this point. If you're off of Steam and your mod addiction is as deep as mine, you will be constantly swapping around different mods and versions or whatever, I do at least. Highly recommend having at least a few shortcuts. This includes your Config folder which is an entirely different directory.

Canute

Quote from: rovingthief on February 27, 2018, 05:34:08 AM
Hello, How do I make the visitors go in the specific place? They always hangs on my kitchen area.
- Design an area your guest should be around. Just a regular area.
- Select a visitor, open the guest tab. On top of that guest tab you should see all your zones.
- Select the zone the visitor should hang around.
- Press "make default" to set these zone for all following visitors.