Are orbital trader visits on a per-colony basis?

Started by Kyna Tiona, January 11, 2017, 11:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyna Tiona

Kinda embarrassed to ask, but I guess I've never really had two colonies running simultaneously, so I wasn't sure. If you have two or more colonies, do they get trade ship visits separately, or do both of them gain access to the same trade ship simultaneously?

Hieronymous Alloy

trade ships appear to be currently independent, like toxic plumes and volcanic winters.
My Rimworld guide on steam (updated for A16!): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=813720217

Kyna Tiona

Gotcha. That seems weird in a way, since it's presumably an interplanetary vessel, but I guess I can see it on account of the method of transporting goods to and from. It's too bad though, it would've been funny to transfer supplies from one colony to another over arbitrary distances by selling something on one end and buying it on the other~

Thyme

Might be cheaper with drop pods. Buying stuff is at least twice as expensive as selling it.
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Kyna Tiona

It's close! In A16 they added some UI feedback to show what factors into the pricing. Assuming it's the same in A15, sell prices are 75%, buy prices are 125%. A high Social can get around a 5% bonus, so then buy prices are only 50% higher.

So it basically just depends on what you're moving and how far away the second colony is. My exaggerated mental image was of shipping stuff to the opposite end of the planet, so~

Thyme

All traders I've had so far always paid less than half as much as the item info says. Do prices eventually scale with difficulty?

edit: Just checked the next best trader: Scyther blades, worth 2.000, buy 1.945, sell 888;
Social skill 17 as stated, faction standing +100;
playing Cassandra on rough

edit2: Stumbled upon the difficulty_defs in the core mod. baseSellPriceFactor goes as follows:
easy -> 0.70; 0.60; 0.55; 0.55; 0.47 -> extreme
guess that answers my question
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Kyna Tiona

Oof. Harsh. I thought it felt like traders weren't ripping me off as much in A16. Looking at the difficulty defs in A16, the penalty it applies to the default buy/sell price based on difficulty is:

Peaceful - > -0; -0; -0.05; -0.10; -0.15; -0.20 < - Extreme

So it bottoms out only 55%, rather than 47%.