The best Caravan request ever

Started by Yoshida Keiji, December 28, 2017, 06:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoshida Keiji

mrm

I got a request to destroy pirate outpost for... uranium double bed (shoddy). Like the f? Who uses uranium beds? Definitely they have too much wealth, maybe i should attack them instead?

protocol47

As noted about, the payments can be all over the place. The silver offered is usually about right, but the items offered seem totally random. I am not hauling 2000 units of goddamned corn through raider and manhunter infested territory just to get a piece of furniture I can likely produce myself.

Does anyone ever get legitimate requests? 99% of the time I get requests for stuff I don't even produce, let alone have in stock. It would be nice if the other factions had at least a passing familiarity with the goods produced in the colony. I typically set up a nice booze and weed operation, yet I never get requests for these presumably desired products.

Related tangent:
Corn sucks (except in chip form). I don't like it, I don't grow it, and I will not bare the moral and ethical burden of having distributed it to other humans. I have a vision of a corn-free Rimworld that I am actively working toward. So other factions, please stop requesting that garbage, I am doing you a favor!

Bozobub

The uranium bed is a *steal*.  It's one of the most difficult to find substances in the game, you know; just disassemble it.
Thanks, belgord!

Sinosauropteryx

I don't know if I'll ever see a better deal than 19x Pants for an Infinite Chemreactor. I didn't even know the thing existed.
Whole body          RimWorld addiction

Shurp

I'll second the uranium bed comment.  Uranium is hard to find if you want enough to build sleep pods for your starship.  A uranium bed is actually worth something.

As for Plasteel, well, mechs are happy to give you plenty.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Dashthechinchilla

I think randy was trying to delay my ship launch. I had a tornado hit it while it was under construction. Massive uranium loss. Less than a quadrum later, I got a trade deal. 16 pants for a uranium mortar.

TryB4Buy

Quote from: Shurp on December 28, 2017, 05:26:59 PMI'll second the uranium bed comment.
Its sellable fodder to those of us who don't use the ship-building ending (nor nuclear reactor mods).

mrm

Yes i know the uranium double bed is a very good deal, i don't say its bad. Its just hilarious :) Just for comparison, the other request for destroying pirates outpost offers hospital bed. So... its pretty random.

It should net me 525 uranium after disassembly, worth of 3150$, and over 5200$ if i would like to buy it from traders. With that much uranium i can make... uranium hats!

SurrealSadi

Quote from: Sinosauropteryx on December 28, 2017, 05:06:37 PM
I don't know if I'll ever see a better deal than 19x Pants for an Infinite Chemreactor. I didn't even know the thing existed.
I had a request for like, 27 clubs for one of the infinite electricity things. I was like, "Oh gimme", because as a tribal, that thing is amazing.

BoogieMan

I just had one request human leather...

Yoshida Keiji

That's because you are the Boggie Man!

malloc

Quote from: Sinosauropteryx on December 28, 2017, 05:06:37 PM

Had to produce 38 tuques to get mine and deliver them through the winter so it took 28 days round trip (uphill, both ways!).  Still worth it.

I like the clothing/weapon based ones.  Allows training the bad crafters without penalty as the quality doesn't matter.  Also a good use for D clothing.  It would be good if when fulfilling the trade you could select which of the items to actually trade if you have too many with you.

Daguest

I had several request of neurotrainer for some useless reward. And usually I have all the good request about 2days in a new game, when I'm struggling to have a bed for everyone. Then when I'm settled, they ask for 200~shiv. All the time. I'm fairly certain we are in the prison architect universe, and the prisoners are sending me the requests.

mrm

The funny thing is, I was receiving clothes requests - when I wasn't able to make them (lost tribe scenario). Now, when half of my warehouse is littered with used up and "D" clothes, I can't receive any such request. But one thing I'm sure. When I sell all this rubbish to the ship trader, the seconds after i'll get some parka's request...