Alpha 3 questions/comments

Started by Cassey, April 10, 2014, 03:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassey

Just downloaded and started up.  As always, looking forward to the new content.

Like that stonemason table is now re-searchable - like was too easy just building everything from stone from day one.

Not sure how to interact with friendly fractions.  Obviously arresting any one of them turns them against you, but how can you trade with them or otherwise make them useful?

Tynan

Quote from: Cassey on April 10, 2014, 03:13:17 PM
Just downloaded and started up.  As always, looking forward to the new content.

Like that stonemason table is now re-searchable - like was too easy just building everything from stone from day one.

Not sure how to interact with friendly fractions.  Obviously arresting any one of them turns them against you, but how can you trade with them or otherwise make them useful?

You can't trade with them yet. The real interactions are on the comms console.

You can give them silver to make them like you. And you can ask for them to come fight with you. That's it for now. Yeah, it's rough!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Cassey

Tis cool.  Everything starts somewhere.

Just had a friendly group visit while I was being attacked.  They helped!  Now THAT was useful!

Be nice if they chipped in and did some work for a short while...

Cassey

Ah... trying the new mega map, 300 x 300 and finding I can't build things to the edge.  I can mine it, but not build power conduits, beds, lamps, etc. in that space.   Looks like the last 12 squares on the right hand edge are affected.

Tynan

Quote from: Cassey on April 10, 2014, 06:59:56 PM
Ah... trying the new mega map, 300 x 300 and finding I can't build things to the edge.  I can mine it, but not build power conduits, beds, lamps, etc. in that space.   Looks like the last 12 squares on the right hand edge are affected.

By design; you can't pack your base up against the edge of the map any more (it was leading to a lot of lame degenerate strategies).
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Cassey

12 squares from the edge?  Seems like a bit much - especially since you can mine it, but can't build in it.

DethBringa

What happened to the sunlamp? I can't find it. Has it been removed?

Cassey

Little thing, but when paying off your neighbors, it would be nice if your silver count decremented on the main screen.  It updates when you leave the session.

Also... in the next round?  How about being able to prioritize construction based on class?  e.g.  Security and defenses before carpet?

Cassey

Quote from: DethBringa on April 10, 2014, 10:09:42 PM
What happened to the sunlamp? I can't find it. Has it been removed?

Still there:  Furniture->Sun Lamp

DethBringa

Maybe mine has bugged or something.

FtDLulz

Do you have any mods installed perhaps? If not, your installation may be bugged. Or I'm just completely missing the problem.

DethBringa

yes I have 2 mods:
-BetterPower+
-GravesAreForHumans

First time I have ever tried mods in rimworld.

FtDLulz

Try disabling them and start a new colony. Do you have the sun lamp then? If not, you could try reinstalling.

DethBringa

Yep seems its one of the mods.