Most efficient crop?

Started by Avis, March 08, 2014, 11:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avis

What crop in the game yields the most food? berries or potatoes or maybe agave? or all they all just equal? Would be nice to know so i could maximize the food production of my colony.
I remember the days of giving prisoners peg legs, and then removing them to immobilize them.

ousire

I don't THINK any one crop is more efficient than the other to my knowledge, but keep in mind that hydroponics tables currently only can grow potatoes until alpha 3

The truth is that you probably want to have an even mixture of crops, so you can make the better prepared meals. Higher level meals take more variety of ingredients and a higher cooking skill

bigwolf2101

yay I don't even use the cooking crap I just make them use the PD as the food dose expire

deadbeat88

nothing is better than the other, i think.

BUT if you're playing to export them to traders, growing potatos is better as it the only food accepted by the traders.
Whatever you do, don't do it!

Epik3YearOld

I use the human meat and potatoes. I rule my colony using fear.
Useless and possibly funny text goes here

Somz

Quote from: Epik3YearOld on March 09, 2014, 06:02:47 AM

OH MY GOD!
You sick, sick bastard.
How could you...?!
Are you out of your mind?!...
Potatoes?! You disgust me! x)

Anyway, I was wondering, does cooking humans come with a side effect? Because I have 13 hungry mouths to feed and well, around a hundred dead bodies waiting for a random lightning strike to incinerate them... o_o
But I'm a good guy, so if (BUT ONLY IF!!!) it comes with a side effect such as going crazy, - a sh*t ton of happines or something like this,
then I'll just feed the corpses to the gods!
So may the gods spare me, may they won't send all the boomrats to take the lives of my colonists...!
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

Sion

Quote from: deadbeat88 on March 08, 2014, 09:13:05 PM
nothing is better than the other, i think.

BUT if you're playing to export them to traders, growing potatos is better as it the only food accepted by the traders.

In the new update you can trade berries also, they sell for 2 silver, and potatoes for 1 silver.

Quote from: Cyst on April 11, 2014, 07:57:00 AM
Quote from: Epik3YearOld on March 09, 2014, 06:02:47 AM

OH MY GOD!
You sick, sick bastard.
How could you...?!
Are you out of your mind?!...
Potatoes?! You disgust me! x)

Anyway, I was wondering, does cooking humans come with a side effect? Because I have 13 hungry mouths to feed and well, around a hundred dead bodies waiting for a random lightning strike to incinerate them... o_o
But I'm a good guy, so if (BUT ONLY IF!!!) it comes with a side effect such as going crazy, - a sh*t ton of happines or something like this,
then I'll just feed the corpses to the gods!
So may the gods spare me, may they won't send all the boomrats to take the lives of my colonists...!

Yes, all food that contains any trace of human meet gives happiness/fear debuff, i think its something like: -5 or -10 happiness.

For gods sake! just draft a colonist and toss a molotov at the corpses!
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

Architect

Or download one of the cremation mods, i think there's two floating about now XD
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Sion

Quote from: Architect on April 11, 2014, 12:26:33 PM
Or download one of the cremation mods, i think there's two floating about now XD
I don't need mods for this, just a body-storage area and a molotiv (or any other fire source), works great, I can cremate a whole army with a single molotiv.
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

Tynan

By design, strawberries are more sensitive to soil fertility, grow faster, but yield less. I think.

That said, I never really tested the balance on this in a systematic way.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog