Ship building

Started by Avis, July 07, 2014, 05:48:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avis

Simple probably easy questions here.
1) does the ship need to be built in a certain way? or is it flexible?
2)How many engines do you need?
I remember the days of giving prisoners peg legs, and then removing them to immobilize them.

Superelastic

I built mine with two engines at the bottom, a fusion drive above it, a computer core and then quite a few  structures to hang my pods off.  The pods held me up a while as they're the only thing that can't be built by themselves.

DeMatt

As far as I know, the only restrictions are:

• Minimum 1 of each part, including filled cryptosleep pods;
  • All parts connected;
  • Cryptosleep pods connected directly to structure parts.
I haven't tried building the ship any other way than "2 engines - 1 reactor - structure spine with cryptosleep pods - AI core", so it's possible there are more rules.  But the AI was willing to launch with just one off-center engine (the other not being complete yet), so I don't think so.

Headshotkill

After several hours of non-stop playing, scrambling for metal, 5 sieges, having a Drone on the other side of the map making everyone crazy, people going on rampages aaaaand 3 Mech-attacks I finally made the ship, got in and left that planet with all my 8 colonists onboard. If it had taken only 1 minute longer I would've probably gotten a brain haemorrhage. xD

Avis

After several hours of non-stop playing, scrambling for metal, 5 sieges, having a Drone on the other side of the map making everyone crazy, people going on rampages aaaaand 3 Mech-attacks I finally made the ship, got in and left that planet with all my 8 colonists onboard. If it had taken only 1 minute longer I would've probably gotten a brain haemorrhage. xD

Congrats man! now i would like to see leaving robots behind to maintain the colony. Th
I remember the days of giving prisoners peg legs, and then removing them to immobilize them.

murhe

You need just one engine. If you click your computer core it will tell if you are able to take off.

I just finished a game by flying away and that was great! I played with Randy and I didn't got huge mobs. I actually got ancient space ship part twice in my map.  Because I never got good weaponry, I had to deal mechanoids with the very same Lee-Enfield I got very begining (yep, it took a while). It was hilarious that mechanoids killed lot of visitors and travellers and left lot of stuff for me.

That ship itself is pretty nasty when it is left for long time, but I really loved it.

BetaSpectre

The ship is over powered in relation to size and onboard crew.

But a good fun challenge if you bust it up with ahem high explosives. And if planned out a great defense xD, if you stay sane enough.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO