Project K9 (Third Times the Charm!)

Started by Ramsis, June 12, 2015, 09:14:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asero

Quote from: isistoy on June 25, 2015, 07:14:51 AM
Just so you know we are doing it and having a ton of fun in the process! Can't say exactly when we will be releasing it, but it is on its way, for Alpha 11.

Sounds great. Looking forward to the 'official' release ;D

Try not to add too much stuff all at the same time though. Just try and get it working first. I think the problem with the original version was that most people expected it to do too many things at once, and get it right the first time. It became a complete mess of overburdened code and bugged additions. Hopefully Alpha 11 is a lot more stable though and will be able to handle it like a charm ;)

isistoy

I perfectly heard what you said! This is a real concern to me, as a former developer.

My principal focus was level up to A11 and stabilize things the best I could, making sure we also didn't twist vanilla too much in doing our things.
That was last week's complete time I spent on this and we have some results (reworked hauling, eat corpse and other stuff in that goal).

Now, the group really built up during last w.e. and early this week. That's when we got into real discussions about other things being added and saw the arrival of other excellent people, modding or not.

Still, the risk is real! Thanks for sharing your concerns

<Stay on the scene like a State machine>

rsof69

Quote from: isistoy on June 25, 2015, 08:38:50 AM
I perfectly heard what you said! This is a real concern to me, as a former developer.

My principal focus was level up to A11 and stabilize things the best I could, making sure we also didn't twist vanilla too much in doing our things.
That was last week's complete time I spent on this and we have some results (reworked hauling, eat corpse and other stuff in that goal).

Now, the group really built up during last w.e. and early this week. That's when we got into real discussions about other things being added and saw the arrival of other excellent people, modding or not.

Still, the risk is real! Thanks for sharing your concerns

You're gonna become a legend

isistoy

It is a group work that passed through diff. hands, so I don't plan on getting any undeserved credits for anything.
All I can honestly say is that it's such a fun experience and I would be glad to see this mod being published, used and possibly extended to better fit its purpose.

isistoy

Hi,

Sorry for the lack of recent updates. We are doing great and have a running version of the mod, still in testing, but it is getting close!

A few things were changed and corrected and reworked and are still in refining, but we don't want to add in too much, as been suggested and want to give you a chance for a ride with it as well soon. No private testing can replace real conditions, right?

So, expect to get news of sthg concrete in the next few days: we still don't know exactly when to release, but in a week time seems the longest time to wait :D

bye

skyarkhangel

That's would be awesome!  8) I am already humming a tune from K9  8)

isistoy

tylers2001

I have to ask this, do you think that there are going to be a lot of breeds or just one or two. I ask this because some breeds really don't play well with others.
There is a difference between me and you. I'm the one still standing.

isistoy

We start with a few breeds only.
They don't necessarily like each other in game and so are possibly hunting each other, when wild at least. When tamed, they do not fight against each other. This would be a subtle (and sensible) thing to do for later on, though.

Currently in discussions and I think also soon in testing (because it is possible already), is spawning specific breeds wild to specific biomes.

Edit: I was wrong saying "When tamed, they do not fight against each other": in broken-manhunter mood they would attack anyone close, as for other pawns.

isistoy

Alright, as of today, we are still doing adaptations and features additions.
Currently, it runs on A11b. Stability is still in testing and I had to focus on the fact pets are colonists and could have to be rescued and stuff...
Sleep job drove me into a few problems as well, but it has been dealt with, in prevision to dogs healthcare.

Keeping on working...

Mechanoid Hivemind

I wanna help out to. But have little to no knowledge of modding but i can do art. Ill do the testing for it if you all wish. You should make a steam group for this so we all can chat about it
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Ramsis

Quote from: Zerg HiveMind on July 05, 2015, 08:39:56 AM
I wanna help out to. But have little to no knowledge of modding but i can do art. Ill do the testing for it if you all wish. You should make a steam group for this so we all can chat about it

We primarily use Skype because the typing feature and file sharing feature are so much better. If you're interested please PM me your Skype name and I'll add you in. Feel free to bring some art to show off :D
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: Ramsis on July 05, 2015, 08:45:24 AM
Quote from: Zerg HiveMind on July 05, 2015, 08:39:56 AM

We primarily use Skype because the typing feature and file sharing feature are so much better. If you're interested please PM me your Skype name and I'll add you in. Feel free to bring some art to show off :D
Huh i dont have skype give me a few mins to get one set up and ill let ya know

Edit: Okay skypes up and running i sent you my name ill see if i can recover some of my files.
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

OutrideGaming

Hey,

I've been following this page for a bit now and decided if was time to offer my help. I know basics in coding, mostly Java, some python. I'm not the best, but I could be a good bouncing board at the least. I can also happily do testing, and help keep track and manage, need be. Not great, but I believe in this mod and would love to see it in the vanilla :D feel free to reply or pm me for my Skype.

The noobie,
OutrideGaming

P.S. I can also record the game, in case you guys wanted to upload progress videos and what not.
"I'm like the Boeing 757-223 from Angola"

I'm a rising youtuber and would love it if you could give me a chance!
Youtube: /Outridegaming
Twitter: @OutrideGaming (not very-well updated :p)

Currently looking for skilled graphics designers for a logo and/or intro for the youtube channel! :D Pm me

isistoy

It would be great to have other coder's help in there, it begins to be dense though, with jobs and other existing objects.

If you did some Java, c# syntax and principles are close.
From there, you would need a dev studio for .net...

To give you an idea, we currently program some Job/Work classes (haul, hunt, sleep, etç...) as well as Thing classes (pawns, meals, buildings, etç...). Objects attributes and definitions are loaded from xml files. Some attributes are saved in games, some other aren't.

Collaborative work is done via github: this part is tricky, because of its branching and commit/proposals functions. Github master source branch integrity can be difficult task for me and is an important technical matter you would have to deal with as well.

I just throw at you some technical thoughts, but in now way trying to discourage you to come and help.
Testing also needs people, in case you wouldn't want to do any coding stuff.