Rimworld Forum Community Game

Started by Jamini, July 14, 2015, 01:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Cross

'Blue "Cross" Narwhal'
Does this mean I am blue and have a horn sticking out of my head? (This is sarcasm for those that don't know.) If so Sweet!
Claims to know most things.

A Friend

For some strange reason, I can't view the pics.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Mr.Cross

Me, Either but as I stated earlier I blame it on my schools firewalls XD

Jamini

I stored them on dropbox. Can anyone else see them?

Shinzy

Quote from: Jamini on July 16, 2015, 09:09:05 AM
I stored them on dropbox. Can anyone else see them?

I don't see them either, if I fish the link to them through the quote
and paste it in the browser it gives me this
so I guess it could be somekind of sharing issue (I don't really use dropbox so I rish sounding more of an idjit than usual ;D Edit: but atleast I'm neurotic psychopath, which is nice!)

[attachment deleted due to age]

Mr.Cross

Well, At least it's not a 404 error. God I hate those 404's...

A Friend

"It seems you don't belong here!"

Wow, rude :-\
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Jamini

Updated the images to links for now. I'll look into getting them hosted somewhere else next episode.

Mr.Cross

Shinzy

Quote from: Jamini on July 16, 2015, 02:04:16 PM
Updated the images to links for now. I'll look into getting them hosted somewhere else next episode.
I can heartily recommend Imgur (Other image sharing sites are available!)
you don't need to create an account to upload images there and it's very simple to use

kaptain_kavern

Dropbox's works but you have to erase the "dl=0".  Url should finish by .JPG    I think...

Edit : But it doesn't work. Sry...

From here : does the entire folder is set to public in dropbox?

Or better : ==> http://cantonbecker.com/work/musings/2014/how-to-directly-link-or-embed-dropbox-images/

[img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/bhdyrjh047wgu4o/ss%20%282015-07-14%20at%2008.25.47%29.jpg?raw=1[/img]

kaptain_kavern

it work if putting ?raw=1 instead of ?dl=0 in end of Url.

Perhaps it be better to check the other method or use powerful notepad to add ?raw=1 in end of url.
Something like Notepad++ or Sublime text

Jamini

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on July 16, 2015, 07:39:17 PM
it work if putting ?raw=1 instead of ?dl=0 in end of Url.

Perhaps it be better to check the other method or use powerful notepad to add ?raw=1 in end of url.
Something like Notepad++ or Sublime text

Sounds good. I'll try that next.

kaptain_kavern

Those two have a "find and replace" tool

Jamini

June 1st - Nightfall

The stars twinkled overhead as Sierra lay on his back, sleeplessly resting under the stars. His entire body ached from the numerous cuts and gashes across his body, miraculously the extent of his injury. One of the other refugees stood next to him, quietly wrapping his limbs.

The events of the day had almost a surreal quality to them. One moment he had stepped into the cryopod, with promise of good pay on the far end of the journey for unloading the artwork that had been on the ship. The next ... freefalling... then a panicked rush to save everything of value and any more survivors. It was a miracle that they had survived as long as they had, but...

Where even was he?

The fires to the south crackled as it burned in the background, spurring the housemate thought hard on their prediciment. No glitterworld or urbworld would have let such a crash go unnoticed so long. Probably for the best, anyone with access to the extranet in those areas would know of his own status. Of how his partner had thrown him out of their mutual home of twelve years over a misunderstanding... and how much he missed  her bitterly.

No, it had to be some place further out. A medieval world or... one of the sparesly-inhabited rimworlds. Likely the latter, and that posed a problem...

This ship, It's people and its cargo, were bound for a far-flung destination. Their benefactor would not appreciate the loss of both. The individuals here would likely avoid reprisal but their family and loved ones would be left to the whim of the man who had contracted such a massive shipment of art. A massive, expensive shipment.

Sierra shuddered at the thought of what would happen if the ship never showed up and shivered as the first edge of the rains came in.

June 1st
-Shinzy

We talked tonight, the six of us, about what we are going to do. The ship is definately gone as far as we can tell. Whatever hasn't hit the surface either burnt up on reentry or hasn't fallen from orbit yet.

Everyone is scared. Hurt. I almost wish I could turn this empathic sense off now. Sure, I can feel how others feel... but I still can't bring myself to talk to any of these people. I just... can't relate to them. It's horrible, feeling their emotions and just being so alienated to everything they know.

One guy, a shady fellow who wanted to be called 'Friend', suggested we build a shelter. I'm not sure how much we can really make. This place is basicaly a flat featureless desert, excepting the rock we've set up temporary camp at. We have minimal food, few usable supplies, and little more than the handful of unbroken emergency tools that were in our pods as we crashed.

Still, the others agreed with him and pointed to a small patch of soil near a big vent not far away. So I guess we're building some form of lean-to. With what materials they planned to use I don't know. They kept dismissing anything I said out of hand. Nobody said it out loud, but I could feel them thinking about how "useless" I was.

I left before they finished debating with plans of my own.

There's a thing about the old reactors that our ship uses. They're made of tons of plastisteel, steel, and some uranium. While those assholes bickered and argued, marched right up to it past a pair of dying iguanas that had been killed by the radiation and set to work tearing it down.

Useless my ass.

I don't care what anyone thinks. I will carry this little ragged group of survivors through whatever hell we're about to approach if even it kills me.

By the time I got back they had planned out a loose outline of some shelter. And cordoned off started planting some berries to last us until we could get rescued.

As well as brought in what food survived the crash.

June 4th

I'm not really sure who suggested it, but today we've christened our small group. It looks like we're going to be here a while after all, and we can' just go calling it "Hole in the ground where I sleep."

Oh also, Friend spotted this ugly thing today.

I'm going to avoid that area for a little bit. I shudder at the thought of insects that large.

June 5h

I woke up in a cold sweat today, a sense of horrible malice crawling up and down my spine. Turning over in our small, temporary barracks I shoved my hair out of my face as I Sierra awake. Whispering "Pirates!"

For his credit, Sierra wasted no time. He took two of the other combat-capable men and immediately went north to stop the raider. The fight was brutal, but quick, as the Grunt sent wasn't expecting us to be on our guard.

They wrestled the pirte down, then the guy from the medival planet who was missing an ear snapped his neck. It was... exhilerating to watch.

In his pocket was a small list of coordinates and settlements on this blasted dustball.

...and detailed information about the cargo of our ship before we crashed.

Seirra took some time to bury the pirate. Unlike him, we are not barbarians. We respect the dead, especially honorable warriors.

...plus it was bad for morale to have a body sitting outside of our sleeping area.

Not everyone took it as well as others.

We just need to hope that our friends recover quickly from their daze. There is a lot of work to do yet to keep ourselves safe and secure.