Pawns can't work at workbenches?

Started by AileTheAlien, June 30, 2018, 10:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AileTheAlien

This seems to be consistently happening to me. I'll start making a mod, for something that acts like a Crafting Spot / Smithing Table / Stove / whatever, and after I'm mostly done, I find out my pawns can't actually work at it. For example, today I made some camping stoves, complete with (bad) graphics, which all can cook simple meals. You can craft the stoves at a machining table(1), refuel the stoves, the simple meals show up in the menu, and you can set the meals to "do until X", so the stoves appear to be mostly working. However, I can't actually get my pawns to cook at the stoves. When I right-click, either I get the refuel menu, or I get nothing. This happened when I was trying to make a variant of the Nutrient Paste Dispencer too.

Any help on either the stoves, or the NPD is appreciated!

[1] One more problem - the crafting skill for my wood-fueled stove doesn't appear to work; Even though it's set in the XML for a skill of 3, it shows up as a skill of 10 needed, at the machining table.

dninemfive

From your GitHub it looks like you haven't made a WorkGiverDef for any of your stoves, which I believe you still need in 1.0 (you definitely do in B18). As for your second problem, you do have it set to a skill of 10, under <recipeMaker> in chemfuel.xml. It's correct in wood.xml, so make sure you check both recipes.

AileTheAlien

Thanks for the info about WorkGiverDef; I definitely would not have found that on my own, since it's in a completely different directory, faaar away from any of the definitions of the items it lists. That fixed my stoves' interactibility problem! :)

Quote from: dninemfive on July 01, 2018, 02:07:16 AMskill of 10, under <recipeMaker> in chemfuel.xml [...] check both recipes.
It's definitely set to a skill of 3 in my definition of the wood-fueled stove, and not set in the base class for my stoves, so I'm stumped on this part.

dninemfive

That is the case, yes, but I assumed you meant for them to be identical and were only checking the chemfuel stove recipe or something. My bad. My only suggestion then is to make sure that the version you're loading is the same as the one on your github.

AileTheAlien

I'm pushing to GitHub from the folder that's loaded by the game. ;)

EDIT:
OK, I apparently changed nothing, and now the crafting skill requirement works.
Maybe Rimworld was caching the local files or something...?
Oh well! :)