Pre-game / Pre-tech

Started by dD, August 16, 2014, 03:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dD

First of all I love the game, and do understand it's under construction and my suggestion might be on the to do list already, but i feel it's an important part of the game not standing in the light as much as different parts.

Most people ask for more endgame-stuff, but i feel the game is missing more pre-game / early-game stuff.

Basically, when I start a new colony:
1. They crash.
2. Build shelter, beds, get electivity ASP ( This takes no time or isn't a big deal, but it should be).
3. Colony grows and storyteller scales with it.

The thing is, early game should be more about get shelter craft bows and hunt stuff to cook on open fire. Survive the cold, get warm cloth, survive tribes, low-tech stuff. More PvE(Player versus Environment) instead of TvM(Turtle versus Mortar).

Then scavenge other crash pods or something to get more of your high-tech equipment/materials, and slowly transform your crash site to a more high-tech camp where you can craft turrets etc.

And when you later get tech like communication to buy higher tier stuff you need, then raiders should be the new threat etc. A more linear approach to the progression, sure tribes can attack you like they do now already, that's awesome, but ingame right now they aren't a threat to turrets and high-tech.

It feels like you have everything from start, and there is no progression what so ever in the game, just a small colony scaling up with the same problems.

I want it to be more of a linear progression in tech and unlocking it in some way, where early game is more about survive the environment instead of mortars and snipers.

This would add to endgame if you then fill a spaceship with stuff you collected and flies away to a new plot with all that tech-n stuff to form a town instead of form a crash-site.

Tell me what you think, and please don't bash me, this is a suggestion after all :)