new mental break effect : the zone

Started by mumblemumble, September 24, 2014, 07:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mumblemumble

An effect which, instead of giving disobedience, grants bonuses to pain thresh-hold, movement speed, ability of work, fighting skills, ect. It would be rare of course, and perhaps wouldn't even reset stress like mental breaks normally do, but could be based on the colony situation. For instance if there is a large raid, and reason for people to fight, there might be a larger chance for someone in bad shape to go into the "zone", where they will ignore pain and work harder, to give your colony a fighting chance.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Johnny Masters

Yeah, i was thinking of a simple mood buff called "adrenaline", if your guys attack or were attacked in x amount of time. But the "zone" should work as well

StorymasterQ

"Yea, I'm in da zone!"

"Shut up. You're in the home zone. Get to work."
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here