Coloured Plans

Started by SagelyPotato, November 18, 2018, 02:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SagelyPotato

I'm currently in the first year of an ice sheet mountain base build (-70 to -25 degrees C) and have reached the stage where I'm seriously planning my hydroponics building and the mountain base itself. Its not a major issue but I have found the current planning tool to only be sufficient for marking cavities in cliff faces or walls in the open, its good for a rough outline but not too helpful for detail.

Now, detail may not be crucial but i find it a lot easier to plan when i can visualise it; things like where the hydroponic basins and furniture will go or how many shelves and/or workbenches i can fit in a room. As such, i think some way of differentiating between open space and its intended contents would go a long way to streamlining the planning of structures.

All that needs to be done is to add a second planning tool (erase plans tool would work for both) which is 50% more transparent, or otherwise just noticably darker. For such a simple addition i think it would make planning that much easier for those who care, and even those who dont.
Worst thing about fallout on the ice sheet is that there's no escaping the yellow snow...