Two Combat complaints

Started by pfhorrest, January 01, 2017, 10:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pfhorrest

These combat mechanics appear to not serve any benefit in terms of either game balance or ease of use. I'm not sure if either of these could be addressed, or how they would be addressed, but if others have opinions on these issues please chime in.

1. No confirmation for attack orders on friendly pawns

On clicking the "attack" command and an accidental click of a friendly pawn, there is no confirmation prompt. If I accidentally click attack on my farm animals or friendly forces, a colonist will immediately attack them, possibly resulting in deaths and faction badwill for no good reason.

2. Inability to interrupt "reloading" time

Colonists are able to interrupt aiming time (the period of time in which the translucent aiming "cone" is projected in front of the colonist) but unable to interrupt "reloading time" (the period of time in which the circular graphic around the colonist indicates preparation for the next shot). I know that combat realism is a low priority in the game, but this could be remedied by simply making aiming time uninterruptable instead - this would make more sense in my view. It's incredibly frustrating when a colonist, completely done with aiming and firing, stands completely immobilized while that warm-up time counts down.

Xav

Quote from: pfhorrest on January 01, 2017, 10:03:26 PM
2. Inability to interrupt "reloading" time

Colonists are able to interrupt aiming time (the period of time in which the translucent aiming "cone" is projected in front of the colonist) but unable to interrupt "reloading time" (the period of time in which the circular graphic around the colonist indicates preparation for the next shot). I know that combat realism is a low priority in the game, but this could be remedied by simply making aiming time uninterruptable instead - this would make more sense in my view. It's incredibly frustrating when a colonist, completely done with aiming and firing, stands completely immobilized while that warm-up time counts down.

+1

Can't execute a swift hit n' run with this.

I am already heavily utilizing my micro....this just makes me frustrated.  I'm like, "move, Move, MOVE, MOVE, MOVE"....*colonist needs rescue*  :\