Identify this RimWorld song

Started by The Man with No Name, April 02, 2017, 02:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Man with No Name

What's this RimWorld song called? Despite my efforts, I've been unable to identify it.

Here's the hook, played on a Western movie-style/Shadows-esque electric guitar. Each line represents a bar of four notes. The numbers are the notes in the scale. The fourth note is sharp (so it's probably Lydian mode - or white notes on piano starting on F).

(-- -- 3- 4-)

5- -3 -- --

-- -- 6- -4

5- -3 -- --

-- -- 3- 4-

5- -3 -- --

-- 3- 4542

3- -- -- --

-- -- -- --

Hans Lemurson

My musical reading skills are very poor, so I can't actually figure out what tune you have written down.  I suspect few other people could, hence the lack of replies.

I did however find out something useful!  In Dev-mode, when you press '/' to bring up the menu, the second item in the Actions - Misc category (right below "Change weather...") is: "Start song..."

This brings up a list of all the songs that play in Rimworld, so you can play them one by one to find the one you're looking for.

It may also be possible to find this data in the files somewhere, but Devmode is super easy to access.

It also may be possible that I could carefully read your post and actually try to pick out the tune for myself so I know what you're talking about instead of being lazy.
Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.

NinjaDiscoJew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybVJAtRHeCI&ab_channel=NeverStopExploring.

Here is the soundtrack on YouTube, It has each song titled and time it plays at in the description.

The Man with No Name

Thanks. The song is "Traces". There's so many high-quality tracks on the soundtrack, but that melody is the one that plays in my head most when I'm not playing the game. Like a theme from an imaginary Western.  8)