[w|0.12.906] Food jamming doorway to fridge

Started by Jinxed, August 24, 2015, 05:10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxed

Situation: I got a cold storage area for food next to mess hall. Cooking stove is located in mess hall. Storage zone inside of cold storage is not extended to a doorway. Also, it was fully stocked and had no more space.
What happened: By some treacherous and vile manipulations with food, my colonists had extra stack of food when attempted to store in a space which, somehow, was already filled with food. And, for some reason, this happens exactly on a doorway of cold storage. In result, colonost decides to drop the food and do some other things, thus jamming the doorway and letting the hot air in - thus endangering the food inside.
What I expected: To shove that stack anywhere else but a doorway?

laston

Check and see if there is a stock pile under the door.  Otherwise you can just ask someone to haul the door blocking stuff away.

harpo99999

it is probably the old 'bug' of the nearest empty square getting the overflow from the stack, the simplest work around I have found is to leave  one to two square wide gaps around the doors from the storeage zones

Jinxed

I specifically stated in OP that there was no storage zone under the door.
And I could not just haul stuff blocking the door away - storage was fully stocked.
Only thing I could do is to force feed my colonists the raw rice.

TLHeart

What do you want them to do with the items when the fridge is full then? 

Tynan

It's not really bug, it's working as designed. If there's no room they just drop items nearby.

You just have to put more storage elsewhere. The level of *extremely specific* AI problem solving you're asking for is beyond what we're targeting at this point (and probably ever). There are hundreds or thousands of ultra-rare mini-issues like this that just aren't worth solving. We want to leave some decisions to the player.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog