[A14][WIP] RimToes

Started by Chthonic One, July 30, 2016, 06:10:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chthonic One

In this mod I am rebalancing the movement penalty from foot and toe injuries, and plan to continue with other health statistics.

Currently as it stands, if you lose just two toes on one foot, your leg becomes less useful than a standard prosthetic leg. If you lose all of your toes on one foot, you might as well peg leg your pawn to give him one toes worth of movement back.

I find this to be ridiculous as people who are missing toes can learn to walk and run. People without toes have some trouble walking, but they aren't crippled. Furthermore there are inserts into shoes that help reduce these problems for these people.

Things that are done:
Foot is now considered for 75% of movement
Big toe is now considered for >4% of moment
Middle toes are now considered for >2% of movement each
Pinky toe is now considered for <1% of movement

Things to do:
Create insert objects that can be worn to reduce movement penalty and pain by half. Created at tailor's workshop.
Create crutches for people who have leg injuries to reduce movement penalty at the cost of some manipulation.
Create canes for people who have permanent leg injuries. Canes are equipped and act like weapons.
Need to rebalance pain from lost toes. Walking on feet with missing toes and no support causes pain if done for a long time. Will tie it into comfort stat, as it decreases pain will increase. Give your people with lost toes something to sit at while they work.
May rebalance manipulation and fingers and other senses.

Compatibility:
Currently this mod overwrites the humanoid body file completely. Working on figuring out how to overwrite just the feet without causing humanoids to only have torsos and feet. Next update should include this if I can figure it out.

Missing 2 middle toes, about 2% each brings it to 95% after rounding. Normally this would be 80%

Leg Scar 3 points is worse than the toe penalty, so it overrides it at 10%. If toes were worse, then they would override the scar I believe. I haven't tested it yet.

Missing one middle toe. 98% efficiency instead of 90%

Bugs to watch for and report:
If you see any "Phantom Toes" or "Phantom Feet" on your pawns, first make sure you didn't load a save that didn't originally use my mod. If it was started with my mod, let me have the save file so I can figure out what happened. You should not see these ever.

Updated July 30, 2016:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/chj6fawqgr83nuk/RimToes.zip?dl=0