Rain

Started by Adeelos, November 20, 2013, 04:14:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adeelos

Is it intentional that rain starts no matter what after x number of tiles are covered in fire? I want to go clear out areas of all the brush and bodies without all the manual labor, and found that every time after the fifth or sixth molotov went off rain started almost immediately and put out the fires.

I'd love the ability to start a wildfire and let it rage across the landscape away from my base. If the above is true, perhaps change rain to always be a random occurrence?

nnescio

Quote from: Adeelos on November 20, 2013, 04:14:18 AM
Is it intentional that rain starts no matter what after x number of tiles are covered in fire? I want to go clear out areas of all the brush and bodies without all the manual labor, and found that every time after the fifth or sixth molotov went off rain started almost immediately and put out the fires.

I'd love the ability to start a wildfire and let it rage across the landscape away from my base. If the above is true, perhaps change rain to always be a random occurrence?

This appears to be the case on most storytellers except for Randy Random, yes.

I suppose this is done to alleviate excess CPU load due to raging wildfires. Also, on previous versions fire tends to be a bit overpowered, especially when colonists couldn't put them out.

But yes, this is kinda annoying when the player wants to burn stuff.