[1.5] Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion - v3.3 (April 11th, 2024)

Started by Rah, December 27, 2016, 02:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mst

Master edition is the toughest one with highest costs for bionics and other stuff, right?

Rah

Quote from: Mst on December 09, 2017, 04:17:53 PM
Master edition is the toughest one with highest costs for bionics and other stuff, right?

That's right.

Mst

Thanks, I'll go for that one.
In my opinion the costs could be increased even more. Even double those there are already in Master edition.
Right now if I remember correctly it's about 350 plasteel and 8 components for a bionic leg. Isn't it a bit too cheap for the best thing in the game? I do not suggest to alter costs in Light and Hardcore editions only in Master as it's supposed to be super hard one and not for everyone to begin with.

Wicked

I gave to 2 of my colonist a lung installation wich then both developed a mild organ rejection wich i didnt had any problem since I could heal them with healroot without any problems. without any signs of infection or any other apparent reason they deveoped a moderate organ rejection and then I decided to keep them in bed and use medicine to treat them. 2 days later they died due to severe rejection. my question is: This will always happen or I got unlucky? I should always treat them with normal medicine probably?

Rah

@Wicked, you just got very unlucky seems like. You can use herbal medicine to treat them, but make sure you have a decent doctor. If the treatment quality is really bad the patient might get a worsening of symptoms.
@Mst, that's just for one leg though. If you need more bionic parts it will very quickly stack up and become extremely expensive. And you can also spend more plasteel by upgrading to advanced parts.

Wicked

Quote from: Rah on December 11, 2017, 06:16:44 PM
@Wicked, you just got very unlucky seems like. You can use herbal medicine to treat them, but make sure you have a decent doctor. If the treatment quality is really bad the patient might get a worsening of symptoms.
@Mst, that's just for one leg though. If you need more bionic parts it will very quickly stack up and become extremely expensive. And you can also spend more plasteel by upgrading to advanced parts.

Uh, I guess todays was not my lucky day hahaha, anyway, thank you for the replying and much greater thanks for making this much needed mod!

Mst

Quote from: Rah on December 11, 2017, 06:16:44 PM

Yep, I get it but still.
As it is The Master edition it should be more like a price compared to sending trading caravan out for a search of one simple bionic. They are basically the best items in the game after all. Just my thoughts.
But anyway the mod is great, appreciate your work!

Ser Kitteh

For the longest time I've been using EPOE, and it's only since Beta 18 I've started using this mod. And I gotta say, I much prefer it!

Though there are some things I think can be improved. For one, I think upgraded bionics should be using advance components. Upgrading bionics to advance is IMO, a bit too easy. It's just basically more steel/plasteel/components. Using advance components would balance it nicely me thinks.

Fixing scars with glitterworld meds is fine by me. Though the mod does say hyperweave becomes rare, I've yet to see any from traders in two of my new playthroughs. Is it just me? I can buy advance organs but not make them because of it.

Secondly, and this is personal preference, I prefer the blue cross like in vanilla. Just gotten used to it after 2 alphas using from blue to red. Is there a way to perhaps change the colors myself?

Keep up the good work, dude.

Rah

@Ser Kitteh, I was planning to put advanced components in for the B18 release, but decided not to at the last moment. I will probably do a bit more testing and maybe introduce them in the next mod update. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hyperweave is almost non existent in the vanilla game, but in the mod you can sometimes find it on pirate and exotic trader ships, but it's quite rare. -- With regards to the medicine colors, if you remove the 'OriginalMedicineColors' file from the patches folder you'll get the blue colors back.

Rah

small hotfix: hyperweave frequency slightly increased

after some testing it seems like it got more rare in the new build, but it should show up a bit more frequently now on pirate and exotic traders. thx to Ser Kitteh for bringing it up.

Canute

Quote from: Rah on December 14, 2017, 06:20:15 PM
Hyperweave is almost non existent in the vanilla game, but in the mod you can sometimes find it on pirate and exotic trader ships, but it's quite rare. --
Good point,
but don't you think people who use your mod, don't use other mods too ?
Mod for mining and textile crafting, then plasteel/uranium/hyperweave isn't just an annoyance and no big problem.

Vlad0mi3r

Quote from: Canute on December 15, 2017, 03:36:24 AM
Quote from: Rah on December 14, 2017, 06:20:15 PM
Hyperweave is almost non existent in the vanilla game, but in the mod you can sometimes find it on pirate and exotic trader ships, but it's quite rare. --
Good point,
but don't you think people who use your mod, don't use other mods too ?
Mod for mining and textile crafting, then plasteel/uranium/hyperweave isn't just an annoyance and no big problem.
Yeah I'm with Canute on this one. Don't tweak something if there is another option for a player to either take the option or leave it.

For instance Kiame's Mending mod allows for recovering material from clothing. You can get all you need basically from drop pod crash survivors.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=22894.msg379432#msg379432

There is also a mod that increases the number of trade ships that come by as well.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

Rah

A lot of people might not have those other textile crafting mods, so the only way for them to get Hyperweave is pretty much through the tweak. It's a minor tweak, but if you want to remove it you can just delete the Hyperweave file in the Patches folder and you're good to go.

PreDiabetic

Is there a list of mods that this mod conflict with? Because right now when I try to install any bionics (peg leg too) Pawn gets drugged, doctor works on him, medicine lost, bionic lost but body part don't get installed. For example my pawn got his right leg burned off I can't replace even though surgery went successful. I tried to move mod to top or bottom nothing changed.

Edit: I couldn't even restore Leg because it didn't show up on Debug menu. So I used Remove Hediff to remove "Burned off" leg then I could install bionic leg. Still a problem because I can't use peglegs.