Trader's Animals Eat Purchased Grain

Started by Sjaa, November 24, 2018, 08:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sjaa

I'm not sure if this is a bug or mod issue, as I've only seen it once, but has anyone purchased vegetables from a trader caravan during the winter (so there's no food on the map), and the second it appears on the ground after completing the trade, the trade caravan's buffaloes start eating it?
I lost about 1/4 of my purchase before I could wake all my guys up and prioritize hauling it to the stockpiles.

Nameless

Muffalo Hungry. Food Appears. Muffalo Eats.

khun_poo

Yeah :\

Sometime trader decide to gather around on the middle of my field of healroot. I spot some root got ate by the hungry muffy too.

Shurp

Did the Trading Spot mod get updated to 1.0?  That will solve the problem of muffalo eating your healroot.

But as for them eating your recent purchases, well, I guess that's just WAD. Imagine it from the trader's perspective.  "I have these sacks of grain which I keep tied to my animals' backs so they can't eat them... oh, but he paid for them, well, now it's not my problem.  And now my animals are fed! Ha ha ha!"
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

AileTheAlien

Traders wonder why I let them fight mad animals and raiders on my behalf...

cultist

Caravans animals essentially follow the same hunger logic as a wild animal, i.e. they will eat any suitable food they can path to when they get hungry. I have yet to find a way to deal with this, as you can't always predict where a caravan will hang out while they're visiting.