Cleaning bug (I think)

Started by Dumbledood, October 27, 2017, 09:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dumbledood

Just posting here in the hope that someone will have a solution.
My pawns don't want to clean by themselves, or if I select them and force them to, they either face the direction where the mess is and then turn around to do something else, or walk up to it and flip out/hump the spot (basically stutter over the spot trying to clean). I've logged 400+ hours in rimworld (love it) and this is the first time I've seen this.
Tried turning every other work option off except cleaning and they just wander. Tried switching their restriction from anything to work, no change.
Other things I've tried; removing stuffed floors, which was a mid-game addition to the save. Restarting app.. making sure the areas are home areas. Making sure they're not incapable. Making sure they had arms :D

My base is getting quite dirty...

Anyone got a clue what might be happening?

By the way, tried posting to r/rimworld first, and the bot directed me here :)

And yeah, I run a lot of mods.

Edit to add that I started a new save with the same mod set and the bug wasn't there on that one. :P

zane8320

I don't know if this is the same issue, but I had an issue a while back in which my colonists would clean a spot forever. Somehow a filth spot's value would become negative, and every time my colonists cleaned it, the negative number would just get 1 subtracted from it. I ended up constructing and deconstructing walls on top of the problem spots to clean them but never found a reason for why the filth value became negative in the first place.

EagleFire

Quote from: zane8320 on December 05, 2017, 11:42:52 PM
I don't know if this is the same issue, but I had an issue a while back in which my colonists would clean a spot forever. Somehow a filth spot's value would become negative, and every time my colonists cleaned it, the negative number would just get 1 subtracted from it. I ended up constructing and deconstructing walls on top of the problem spots to clean them but never found a reason for why the filth value became negative in the first place.

I'm currently suffering the same issue. I have a spot that colonists will clean until they break or pass out. I don't know what exactly is causing it as I have tried a few games just removing a few mods at a time. I don't know if this is a related issue to the animals but sometimes when I load a game I'll have walls that will be randomly missing/destroyed. I know that there is something meant to keep animals from getting trapped.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

frenchiveruti

Could you guys please upload the "modlist" that you have? It should be in appdata/ ludeon studios/ config

EagleFire

Quote from: frenchiveruti on December 11, 2017, 04:00:42 PM
Could you guys please upload the "modlist" that you have? It should be in appdata/ ludeon studios/ config

Here's my file.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

frenchiveruti

Quote from: EagleFire on December 11, 2017, 07:27:31 PM
Quote from: frenchiveruti on December 11, 2017, 04:00:42 PM

Here's my file.
That's not very helpful because steam is dumb and uses numbers for the mods.
Could you share a pic of the "mod" list in-game?

BlueTressym

I'm getting this 'cleaning bug' as well; my colonists seem to get 'stuck' cleaning specific spots and the mouseover shows a negative amount of dirt (sometimes in the thousands!)  I can temporarily relieve it by manually having them do something else, but as soon as they get around to that spot again, the same thing happens. 

My Mod List is here

frenchiveruti

Quote from: BlueTressym on December 18, 2017, 11:38:36 PM
I'm getting this 'cleaning bug' as well; my colonists seem to get 'stuck' cleaning specific spots and the mouseover shows a negative amount of dirt (sometimes in the thousands!)  I can temporarily relieve it by manually having them do something else, but as soon as they get around to that spot again, the same thing happens. 

My Mod List is here
You can solve it using dev-tools and use the "tool: destroy" BE VERY CAREFUL ON NOT HAVING ANYTHING ON TOP OF THE BUGGED FILTH.

BlueTressym

Quote from: frenchiveruti on December 19, 2017, 01:03:51 PM

My Mod List is here
You can solve it using dev-tools and use the "tool: destroy" BE VERY CAREFUL ON NOT HAVING ANYTHING ON TOP OF THE BUGGED FILTH.

Yes, that's what i have been doing.  However, I seem to keep getting new ones appear.  Also, I can't tell my housekeeper cat to go and do something else, so he gets stuck until he falls over from exhaustion. 

I appreciate the fix for when it happens but I want to figure out why it happens and make it stop happening. 

(If you haven't had a chance to see the mod list I put up in my previous post, it's in names, not numbers; I grabbed the mod list from the save game file)

frenchiveruti

Quote from: BlueTressym on December 20, 2017, 03:03:35 PM
Quote from: frenchiveruti on December 19, 2017, 01:03:51 PM

My Mod List is here

Yes, that's what i have been doing.  However, I seem to keep getting new ones appear.  Also, I can't tell my housekeeper cat to go and do something else, so he gets stuck until he falls over from exhaustion. 

I appreciate the fix for when it happens but I want to figure out why it happens and make it stop happening. 

(If you haven't had a chance to see the mod list I put up in my previous post, it's in names, not numbers; I grabbed the mod list from the save game file)
Ah, yes, I saw it, but you have like 80% the same mods like me, and that's because you have more mods than me ha.
I believe, just by chance, that's multi thread ticking what causes it. But now I don't have this issue because I got a mod that cleans filth when it rains. So the chances of a "bugged" filth are slim.

BlueTressym

Thanks for your help :)

What the name of the cleaning mod you mentioned? 

Trisscar

I'mma make a guess and say ya'll are using TickMultithread? Known bug for that mod, least the negative dirt part anyway.