Fast Enemy for Mechs

Started by BassMonroe, September 29, 2014, 08:32:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BassMonroe

I know people like sitting behind their killbox but one thing that i think would add some sort of difficulty to the end game would be having some sort of fast/speedy Mech that only attacks with melee.

This type of enemy would have the player on edge as they might not be able to get colonists into defensive positions in time so it adds a bit more strategy/fear to the game.

This type of mech would be fast and only use melee - to make up for its speed. Personally i think this would complete the Mechs as you have already got the scyther (Sniper), Centipede (Tank) then Insert_Name : .......... (Close Range).

With the new melee system coming out it could be a good addition.

Let me know what you guys think?

Fruit loops

This is a great idea IMO maybe they would come in great numbers and they would swarm your guy but they would be semi weak in health but do like double the normal melee damage
The guy who suggested the mood debuff for harvesting prisoner organs.

BassMonroe

Quote from: Fruit loops on September 29, 2014, 08:43:57 AM
This is a great idea IMO maybe they would come in great numbers and they would swarm your guy but they would be semi weak in health but do like double the normal melee damage

Yeah thats exactly what i was thinking, it would mean that when your colonists leave your Base you would have to have outposts/defences outside as well in case your man can't get back to base.

Question is what would they look like? i think they should have quite a scary look to them - maybe some sort of built in blade weapon

Geokinesis

Have it be a Mech Spider, lots of legs so fast movement and have the pedipalps replaced with blades or something for the melee.

Tumuel

Quote from: BassMonroe on September 29, 2014, 08:32:28 AM
This type of enemy would have the player on edge as they might not be able to get colonists into defensive positions in time so it adds a bit more strategy/fear to the game.

Well, enemy raiders dropping directly inside your base are already in the game, but I do like this idea because we do need a greater variety of mechanoids.
That being said, scythers are already pretty fast movers, I would not be surprised if I saw a scyther with only a melee weapon in A7.