[mod request] Diesel/biofuel generator

Started by MagnusTorne, January 09, 2015, 03:56:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagnusTorne

Hi,

Great game!

So, I was thinking that the first generation power generator device should be some simple form of fuel consuming generator. Even earlier, or simpler, that solar panels or wind generators.

So I see three simple devices, requiring little or no research;
a generator, a destiller/fermenter and an oil driller.

The generator should consume fuel in order to operate. Perhaps it should also give of toxic fumes while at the same time requiring to be under an roof.
The fuel can be made from fermenting and destilling of organics (those organics that can be grown)
or the fuel should be made from fossil fuel, requring a drill to be built. Should the destiller make two types of products, spirit and diesel, perhaps?

The drill is perhaps a more complex thing, and regardless, requiring an operator to operate. Should the fuel it gives require a run through the destillery or be ready for consumtion directly?

Ohh, and the fermenter should also be able to make spirits that gives the pawn happiness, but lowers consciousness.

Long time since i did some programming, but when I did, I worked in VB-dotnet so I should be able to do this myself. Nay, I'll give it a stab myself... eventually.

Magnus
Political analyst at the Swedish parliament for the moderate party, but with a master in computer science. Today way better at asking for others to do my wishes than doing them myself. :)