[RW-1.0.2059] Medieval Times (v. 1.974.B-19 (Updated-10/22/2018))

Started by Vindar, July 27, 2016, 11:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngleWyrm

Suggestion: Ice House
Before refrigeration people used ice houses. They were basements filled with layers of hay and ice imported from the mountains or cut from frozen bodies of water during the cold months.

It's also probably the origins of sorbet, Italian ice, granita and the like, where quality of ice was a factor.

My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

PreDiabetic

Is it possible to ONLY get Ice Walls as seperate mod? Because I'm trying play Ice Sheet with tech. When there is no material to build around, Ice would lots a make sense. Especially when you cover it with leather or wool.

Ruisuki

Fumble

@damngrl I've made a standalone Ice mod for exactly that purpose (no forum topic yet): https://github.com/Fumblesneeze/RimIce/releases

Greep

Hey :D

"This work should not be distributed or reproduced without my express written consent. please do not include my work in modpacks or upload to other locations without first contacting me and receiving my written consent. "

I'm currently working on a mod that's based off dwarf fortress, so this mod is of interest to me.  Do you mind if I use some of the armor/weapons in the mod?
1.0 Mods: Raid size limiter:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42721.0

MineTortoise:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42792.0
HELLO!

(WIPish)Strategy Mode: The experienced player's "vanilla"
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43044.0

beeeboop

Could you please upload this to dropbox? I don't use steam and nexus keeps asking me to pay them because your obviously kickass mod is over 2 Mb. I'm planning nomadic tribal game soon, and this mod would be the clicher of the whole thing.

ZE

just noticed some spelling mistakes, namely turrent

its turret

cladicus

Hey Vindar, I tried messing around with your .xml files to get your mod to my liking, but I ended up messing up, so I had to leave it unchanged, so don't worry nothing is broken.

What I want to ask you is: I think the medieval faction bases include waaaay too many pawns. No matter what strategies I use I have about 50 enemy pawns all swarming me with personal shields, destroying every barricade I have with no way to outsmart them, no matter how many colonists I bring, even if they all have doomsday launcher equipped.

How do I change the amount of enemy pawns spawning inside faction bases? I tried messing around with the numbers in MedTimes_Factions_Core.xml
where I thought <kindDef>FactionBase</kindDef> options meant the amount of pawns spawning inside the bases, but changing the numbers from - let's say - 300 to 3000 or even 5 didn't change anything. In the end, when changing them all to 1, it broke the game.

What do the numbers even mean? I'm not asking you to change your mod, I want to change this to my personal liking, though 40 - 50 pawns is a bit extreme for an enemy base.

JT

Vandar, would you be amenable to having me send over some description tweaks or be willing to allow them to be attached for others to use?  I've loved the mod since A14 but the incompatible capitalisation (all labels should be in lowercase except for the names of artifacts and proper nouns like "God-King"), homophone errors ("you're" is used for "your" and "your" is used for "you're"; likewise for "they're"-"their"-"there" being used at random ;-)), "it's" used literally everywhere that "its" was intended, spelling errors and phonic spellings (such as "mearly" rather than "merely"), occasional pluralisation errors, and run-on sentences were enough for me to go through the descriptions with a sledgehammer. =)

I preserved the majority of them intact, simply fixing the grammar and spelling, but also did a couple more subjective things like switching any references to Greeks and Romans to "ancient" (no one on the Rim would care about or have heard of Romans by now), getting rid of any slang or out-of-character references (like "OP" for "overpowered"), and completely nuking anything that appeared in brackets or parentheses since those stats already appear when inspecting the item anyway -- so if you'd want to keep those, there'd be some copy-paste involved.

Quote from: cladicus on April 15, 2017, 06:26:50 AM
What do the numbers even mean? I'm not asking you to change your mod, I want to change this to my personal liking, though 40 - 50 pawns is a bit extreme for an enemy base.

Those numbers are "weights" -- the higher the number, the more likely that particular pawn type will be chosen when spawning pawns for that particular group.  All weights are added together and then a random number is chosen from 1 to X, where X is the total of all the weights -- wherever that number lands is the item chosen.

That doesn't actually affect the population counts generated, just the makeup of those populations, in other words.  I'm not actually certain where all of the pawn counts are defined.

Vindar

Quote from: Greep on April 12, 2017, 03:54:09 PM
Hey :D

"This work should not be distributed or reproduced without my express written consent. please do not include my work in modpacks or upload to other locations without first contacting me and receiving my written consent. "

I'm currently working on a mod that's based off dwarf fortress, so this mod is of interest to me.  Do you mind if I use some of the armor/weapons in the mod?

Sure, just make sure to list me in the credits for the items you use.

Quote from: beeeboop on April 14, 2017, 01:39:06 AM
Could you please upload this to dropbox? I don't use steam and nexus keeps asking me to pay them because your obviously kickass mod is over 2 Mb. I'm planning nomadic tribal game soon, and this mod would be the clicher of the whole thing.

I'll make an account for alpha 17, assuming it's free, right now I'm focused on getting new content and re-conjigering stuff for the alpha 17 update comming.

Quote from: ZE on April 14, 2017, 11:03:57 AM
just noticed some spelling mistakes, namely turrent

its turret

please direct spelling and grammar issues here.
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/732569232/1319961868323941765/

Quote from: JT on April 19, 2017, 02:12:22 PM
Quote from: cladicus on April 15, 2017, 06:26:50 AM

Those numbers are "weights" -- the higher the number, the more likely that particular pawn type will be chosen when spawning pawns for that particular group.  All weights are added together and then a random number is chosen from 1 to X, where X is the total of all the weights -- wherever that number lands is the item chosen.

That doesn't actually affect the population counts generated, just the makeup of those populations, in other words.  I'm not actually certain where all of the pawn counts are defined.

As far as i can tell/understand, spawn counts are located in Pawnkind_Defs

Line is:        <combatPower>X</combatPower>       

-where X is a number usually between 1-100 ) don't think theirs actual limits, but their may be.

the line is specific to each spawn type. Higher numbers means less spawns. having said that I'll prolly update it a bit for next release and bring the two levels more towards center.

specific files are
PawnKindDefs_Humanlikes/MedTimes_Pawnkinds_Societies.xml
&
PawnKindDefs_Humanlikes/MedTimes_Pawnkinds_Warbands.xml

Robloxsina66

Robloxsina66

JT

(Read: In tone of Baman and Piderman.)

Vindar! Vindar Vindar Vindar! Vindar!

Add the following lines beneath the abstract in MedTimes_Buildings_Security.xml:

<ThingDef Name="MedTimes_ArtilleryTopBase" Abstract="True">
<weaponTags>
<li>TurretGun</li>
</weaponTags>

Combat Realism compatibility issue resolved.

[edit]Just to clarify, this of course does not upgrade any of the other features to take advantage of Combat Realism.  It simply suppresses the problem that causes the CR ammo bench not to show any recipes when MT is installed.  Actually implementing Combat Realism features requires a proper patch. ;-)

AlphaMason

I'm trying to put together a modpack and I made some tweaks to some of the mods, but keep getting errors when I try to move some of the crafting recipes to a different station.

Here is one of the errors i get:
XML error: <recipeUsers><li>MedTimes_BlacksmithForge</li><li>MedTimes_CraftingStation</li><li>CraftingSpot</li></recipeUsers> doesn't correspond to any field in type ThingDef.
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.XmlToObject:ObjectFromXml(XmlNode, Boolean)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[])
Verse.<AllDefsFromAsset>c__Iterator1ED:MoveNext()
Verse.ModContentPack:LoadDefs()
Verse.ModContentPack:ReloadAllContent()
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__735()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__733()

I guess this is because the item itself can't be use to decide where it is crafted.  Anyways, I need to know which way I need to edit the files to get the items to be crafted on the stations I want.

BlackViperMWG

Description of storage pots says items stored in them do not deteriorate, but my food and meals in those still rot. Is that a bug? I have many mods, I should probably move your one to the bottom of the list, right?