Be our Valentine - from AVG? Eh, no thanks

Started by RemingtonRyder, February 12, 2015, 08:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RemingtonRyder

Not that AVG isn't already annoying with pop-ups, but this one was especially tacky.

Clicking on it goes to a page with the message "We want you... fully protected with AVG Internet Security."

Upgrade now and save 33% on the same thing that we try to peddle to you every time you install a new version of our free and limited software! Woo! Not.

ITypedThis

Woo indeed.

Nothing like a company constantly pestering its consumer base. I know that they are in it for the money, but there really needs to be a limit somewhere, in my jaded opinion. :(

StorymasterQ

But it's still a nice reminder to stay protected during this time of year. You do realize there are many more November birthdays specifically due to this, yes?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Vas

I have AVG Internet Security.  I've had it for 5 years or more.  I don't get annoying popups or anything.  There is one bug that makes the icon keep appearing in my tray but, that's a bug, not an intentional thing.

Anyway.  AVG has protected me for a very long time.  :P  The reason they offer discounts is because they need money to keep their tools great.  You can't have ANY free tool that is used by MANY keep going if no one pays for it.  Eventually the people making it go bankrupt or the costs become too great and they have to shut down or try and get people to buy it with some extra sort of advantage.  Sure, the free version of AVG is fine but I like to support them with a measly $40 a year.  Sometimes less, depends on what deal they offer me.  :P  I usually get 2 years so I get even cheaper per year prices.  So yea.

I've even contacted support directly to report false positives and explain to them why it was a false positive, later, that false positive stopped pinging the protection after they examined the file and such.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.